Talk

Advanced search

Hubby didnt get me anything for christmas

(69 Posts)
suzycy34 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:14:05

So hubby didn't get me any Christmas card or present, I got him pressie that was £90, then he had the cheek to complain about the Christmas dinner there wasn't any mashed potatoes to go with the roast ones, and gravy not thick enough, what you think of that, was so upset!!

GooodMythicalMorning Tue 27-Dec-16 19:19:50

I'd not be impressed. Not that it matters but what reason did he have for not buying you anything? I'd be buying myself something pretty decent since he couldn't be arsed.

suzycy34 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:21:37

There was no reason just I haven't got you anything

ShowMePotatoSalad Tue 27-Dec-16 19:22:11

Tell him mashed potatoes don't come with roast dinners...it's a roast. Ie ROAST potatoes.

I would also say "if His Lordship wants thicker gravy in future may I suggest he gets off his backside and makes it himself?"

Sorry he didn't get you a gift. Did he explain it?

Branleuse Tue 27-Dec-16 19:23:00

what a wanker

GooodMythicalMorning Tue 27-Dec-16 19:24:53

That's sad sad

I'd take his present back!

MinnowAndTheBear Tue 27-Dec-16 19:25:06

What did you say to his "I haven't got you anything"? Did you brush it off and make out like it was fine, or is he aware that you don't think this is acceptable?

suzycy34 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:25:33

Just said I didn't get you anything

Ginslinger Tue 27-Dec-16 19:25:58

what is your relationship like normally?

TaliDiNozzo Tue 27-Dec-16 19:26:17

Do you normally do presents? I can't fathom someone being such a knob unless you buying a present is out of the ordinary and he didn't know you would do it.

Blacksox Tue 27-Dec-16 19:26:21

If he thinks mashed potatoes are a pre-requisite for a roast dinner and didn't buy you a gift, you should LTB.

DavetheCat2001 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:27:02

LTB

suzycy34 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:27:23

Yeah he knows I wasn't impressed, but still no sign of anything pressie guess I'm getting nothing, will feel so embrassed when family ask what you get and I have to say nothing

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 27-Dec-16 19:27:47

My husband didn't get me anything for my last birthday. I was pregnant and I cried all day. It was horrible-I felt completely under appreciated. I'd return his gift.

Kione Tue 27-Dec-16 19:28:40

Agree with others, return present, tell him he can make dinner himself next time.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Tue 27-Dec-16 19:28:53

Dont be embarrassed, shame him. Tell people, he couldnt be bothered to get me anything.

TheMortificadosDragon Tue 27-Dec-16 19:29:51

Its ok to not get a present if its by mutual agreement or if you're deliberately waiting for something in a sale, but just not bothering is unkind. Even if its just something like chocolates and bubble bath.

Is he always an arse or is summat up with him?

PaperdollCartoon Tue 27-Dec-16 19:29:57

Is he usually inconsiderate?

ShowMePotatoSalad Tue 27-Dec-16 19:30:13

You shouldn't feel embarrassed - he should. Have you told him how he's made you feel?

Farmmummy Tue 27-Dec-16 19:31:13

I will feel so embarrassed when family ask what you get and I have to say nothing

No love it's not you who should or will feel embarrassed it's your tight and inconsiderate h and I really wish I knew you and could give you a hug

expatinscotland Tue 27-Dec-16 19:31:34

Return his gift. Next year, I would cook FA. He wants roast done his way, he fucking cooks it.

HackAttack Tue 27-Dec-16 19:32:49

And you are going to do what about it? Why do people put up with this crap?

expatinscotland Tue 27-Dec-16 19:33:30

I wouldn't be embarrassed.

Christmassnake Tue 27-Dec-16 19:34:36

There is still time,tell him a New Years present on New Year's Day would be very acceptable and would heal the upset he has caused...make sure you don't have sex ,or he will think all is forgiven....or at least just don't have sex with him...😃You can't have no presents becoming a regular thing you just accept.......or you could calmly explain you were hurt he didn't buy you a present..

GettingScaredNow Tue 27-Dec-16 19:37:14

My stbxh used to be like that.
Just totally straight faced 'I didn't get you anything' like it was normal and I was the weird one for expecting a gift.

What is your relationship like the rest of the time?
Sounds like a prize dick at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now