Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be really annoyed

(11 Posts)
snoopy2016 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:01:29

I bought all the Christmas food and I mean all of it DB bought lager and dad nothing at all, firstly they expected me to pay my share of the takeaway (even after pointing out I organised and paid for all the food) it was only £6.30 but not the point really. We had Christmas dinner and I went round yesterday me and DD didn't eat there as we went shopping with DB so we treated ourselves to a Subway.Just been round dads and he has given all the left overs to DB I mean all of it we hadn't even touched the Christmas pudding or cake, there was over £100 worth of food all been packed into DB boot and driven 200 miles away, I rang DB and complained and he said that dad had given the impression he had paid me for it all, I am totally pissed off. So I went into the freezer in the garage to take the party food I got cheap in the end of day sale in Tesco to find he's took that all next door as a contribution to their boxing day party so I have been left with nothing, dad just kept saying it's too much for me and DD so he thought he was doing the right thing, I am so annoyed I just walked out and left him to it, well lesson learnt I will not be organising next Christmas and I will contribute the cranberry sauce.

christmasjolity Tue 27-Dec-16 18:24:14

there was over £100 worth of food all been packed into DB boot and driven 200 miles away

You had £100 worth of food left plus more stuff in the freezer? Why?

Why didn't you take it home when you left if you wanted it?

Caper86 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:27:01

YANBU. My MIL took home the food she'd bought to ours for Xmas day plus food from our fridge...before people had started eating. I'm not happy.

haveacupoftea Tue 27-Dec-16 18:27:55

I would be v annoyed that he gave the party food to the neighbours. Looks like he's trying come as across as very generous without actually paying for anything.

CalleighDoodle Tue 27-Dec-16 18:28:25

do you live with your dad? Do you feel ge was punishing you for daring to refuse to contribute to the take away? Definitely dont do it next year. Why wouldnt you allocate jobs and responsibilities anyway?

Gingernaut Tue 27-Dec-16 18:39:30

Do you live with your Dad? Was the food at his place?

Was your Dad at your house when he gave away all that food?

JeffStellingsLeftEyebrow Tue 27-Dec-16 18:41:46

Did you cook at your Dad's? Did he assume you'd left it there rather than taking it home? (Hence 'too much' comment)

user1480946351 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:45:37

ASk him for the 100 quid he owes you.

snoopy2016 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:51:15

I don't live with dad and me and DD walked home as I had a drink and I said I would be round today to sort all the left overs out with him. I also said to him I was cutting the large beef joint up and freezing it so me and DD could have that for some Sunday roasts. Regards the food in the garage freezer he knew they were for us as we are going round my neighbours on new year so I was going to cook them to take round, I told him that.I just don't know what he was thinking. He just kept saying it was too much for me and DD and he was trying to help not sure where the help part came, and the take away came to £30 my DB gave me £15 and I had to pay the rest, I didn't expect to take all the left overs as he had let us use his kitchen etc but some would have been nice.

christmasjolity Tue 27-Dec-16 18:53:55

How can you have had £100 of food left?

snoopy2016 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:56:54

How can you have had £100 of food left?

A lot of it was frozen we got a deal on meat a lot of joints were left over and if I'm honest I over spent, my mum passed away in October and I just bought what she bought I was also expecting my nephew and his family too but they cancelled very last minute as he couldn't face being with us all on the first year his granny wouldn't be there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now