Talk

Advanced search

To fast forward the first half an hour of Titanic?

(25 Posts)
LaundryQueenHatesIroning Tue 27-Dec-16 17:27:30

I just want to see the bit from when Jack and Rose meet.

Sadly with a 12 mo DS I haven't the time to sit thorough the whole 3 hours.

DH thinks IABU. He wants to fast forward it until the ship hits the iceberg.

YouTheCat Tue 27-Dec-16 17:29:26

I'd fast forward it to the end.

MissWillaCather Tue 27-Dec-16 17:30:26

Yep, me too

gamerchick Tue 27-Dec-16 17:30:35

I'm with your bloke. I fast forward it to just before it hits the ice to avoid the slop grin

PNGirl Tue 27-Dec-16 17:30:53

The middle bit is the best bit. I recently watched the middle hour but couldn't be bothered with the last hour of running about amid dramatic orchestral music. YANBU!

LittleBearPad Tue 27-Dec-16 17:31:01

I'm with YoutheCat.

The boat bits are ok. Anything with Leo or Kate Winslet should be skipped through.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Tue 27-Dec-16 17:31:25

YANBU. It's rather tedious watching the money grabbing blokes suck up to Old Rose and I'm not sure what the purpose of her grand daughter was, i think she thought she'd been cast as 'piece of wood'.

FadedRed Tue 27-Dec-16 17:31:55

YouTheCat grin
I wouldn't even bother putting the DVD in the machine.
'A Night to Remember' is the far superior Titanic film, IMHO.

YouTheCat Tue 27-Dec-16 17:32:01

I'm watching Labyrinth. Much better film in so many ways.

Olympiathequeen Tue 27-Dec-16 17:34:31

I'm with your DH

YouTheCat Tue 27-Dec-16 17:37:02

FadedRed, so true.

FrancisCrawford Tue 27-Dec-16 17:37:09

I'd bin the DVD.

Terribly boring film

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Tue 27-Dec-16 17:41:36

I fast forward to when it starts sinking.

The actual disaster bit was very well done. The bits with older Rose could've been cut entirely. Maggie Smith should've played the mother.

There's a TV version with Catherine Zeta Jones and Tim Curry which is actually far better.

I'd love for there to be a really gritty remake. It was a horrific disaster. There would've been blood, gore and people turning on each other.

Saukko Tue 27-Dec-16 17:46:15

There's no evidence of people turning on each other with 'blood and gore'. Not everything has to be an ep of Game of Thrones. Most people were locked below deck and wouldn't have been able to do much but die anyway.

The granddaughter was introduced as a human bridge between the explorers and Rose - it was intended she'd fall in love with one of the explorers - but they realised it was unnecessary as Rose did that all on her own. She was nonetheless kept in to illustrate Rose's frailty (though the actress wasn't as old as she was portraying) and her descendants.

Saukko Tue 27-Dec-16 17:48:42

Is Titanic on TV right now?

Only my neighbours are watching it and I'm wondering what the chances are of two people randomly deciding to watch Titanic right now are...

ConfusedRabbit Tue 27-Dec-16 17:53:01

I lose interest in pretty much everything after the ship starts sinking. Much prefer the sense of foreboding to the actual disaster.

I also lose interest in zombie films after the first three quarters or so, once things have totally gone tits up. As soon as it's just panic and fleeing I get bored. The Walking Dead is a non-starter for me, obviously.

zukiecat Tue 27-Dec-16 18:08:01

I love Titanic, and I have a slight obsession about reading any book or watching any documentary about it

The real ship, that is, though I do love the film

I agree with the poster that mentioned A Night To Remember is the better film , the bit where the band played on is one of the most moving scenes of all time IMHO

Fourth Officer Boxhall worked on the film with the directors, I think he was the only Officer still living at the time

RortyCrankle Tue 27-Dec-16 19:43:26

I wouldn't have it on to FF in the first place.

Maybe because my Dad was adopted, his Mother died giving birth to him and his Father went down on the Titanic so I've never really considered it to be entertainment or something I wanted to watch..

Pixel Wed 28-Dec-16 00:33:00

I'd find something good to watch instead.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Wed 28-Dec-16 00:37:20

Bloody hell some right film snobs on this thread! The OP clearly enjoys the film, what's the point of coming on to tell her that you don't like it confused

Davros Wed 28-Dec-16 00:46:07

I agree about A Night To Remember but also Titanic with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyck

crazywriter Wed 28-Dec-16 03:41:57

I agree with posters about A Night to Remember being better. Also enjoyed the Catherine Zeta Jones/Tim Curry version. I liked jack and rose when I was 12. Not so much anymore. YABU to watch that one over the other two versions even.if it is the only one they get right with the ship breaking.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 28-Dec-16 03:49:47

So glad to see fellow A Night to Remember fans. Such a lovely film, guaranteed to make me bawl.

Pluto30 Wed 28-Dec-16 04:05:56

There's no evidence of people turning on each other with 'blood and gore'. Not everything has to be an ep of Game of Thrones. Most people were locked below deck and wouldn't have been able to do much but die anyway.

This.

It was awful enough as it was; the events don't need to be inflated.

Beebeeeight Wed 28-Dec-16 07:57:20

True grand daughter had a 'purpose' in that the actress Suzy Amis ended up marrying the director James Cameron. He got divorced from Linda Hamilton, who ended up with half the money he made from Titanic. It's more interesting story than the one in the film!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now