Talk

Advanced search

To want a hand to hold

(11 Posts)
Squaredivided Tue 27-Dec-16 16:49:42

I'm sorry, this isn't IABU really. I just wanted to talk to someone. It's been a grotty month and despite our very best efforts a bit of a rubbish Christmas and now, just after discovering at Christmas that I am 6 weeks pregnant it looks like I am having a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage/ not sure what to call it really. It's Christmas-time, I'm at my PIL (arrived today), they have no idea and me and my lovely DH are going to have to sit round and make small talk all evening and then exchange gifts etc. Just want this week to be over and done with and know for sure, be at home in a fluffy dressing gown watching crap TV together. I'm sorry, just needed to talk to someone, me and DH can't even talk about it as they keep wondering where we've gone to!

Lilacpink40 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:53:41

Sorry you're having a hard time. flowers
Can you pretend that you have a migraine to leave early?

fallenempires Tue 27-Dec-16 16:54:39

So sorry to hear your newsflowers
Is there any way that you can politely make your excuses & leave.You are quite right to want to be within the peace and privacy of your own home.

Footinmouthasusual Tue 27-Dec-16 16:54:55

Can you not tell your inlaws and leave? So sorry op flowers

EatsShitAndLeaves Tue 27-Dec-16 16:56:19

Sorry you are having a rubbish time :-(

How long are you at your PIL for?

Do you feel unable to tell them what's happening? Can you not tell them you are unwell and go home?

I think it's tough to be in this situation away from home flowers

Kirstyinnorway Tue 27-Dec-16 16:59:29

Oh OP, you poor thing flowers I would also be telling my PIL (or, more accurately, asking DH to tell them for me, while I was present... Although I'm a bit weird like that. I hate announcements of any sort).
So sorry that you are going through this. It will get better with time.

BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 27-Dec-16 17:01:33

Sorry OP, that sounds rotten flowers If you don't want to tell them what's happening could you invent a migraine or similar to have a bit of quiet time?

Squaredivided Tue 27-Dec-16 17:02:24

Thanks for your replies, it means a lot. Unfortunately we can't go home as we live abroad so are stuck for the week but I will see my DM tomorrow who lives nearby who I can talk to. Just tonight we need to bring and bear it. We have already said we aren't feeling great so will need an early night so hopefully won't be too drawn out.

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Tue 27-Dec-16 17:47:38

flowers I'm so sorry you're going through this. Can't you beg off and just go home? I'm sure they'd understand if you felt up to telling them why or you could just suddenly develop a migraine?

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Tue 27-Dec-16 17:48:11

X post took too long to type sorry

Badbadtromance Tue 27-Dec-16 17:58:52

flowers for you op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now