Talk

Advanced search

To think that Jose Mourinho is Roberto Rannaldini?

(32 Posts)
AprilLudgateDwyer Mon 26-Dec-16 23:27:43

Big fan of the rutshire chronicles. I like to picture the characters as real people. My next door neighbour is Kitty Rannaldini and I think Jose Mourinho is Roberto Rannaldini. Am I just an oddball?

SpottedScarf Tue 27-Dec-16 07:44:12

Is Lysander your neighbour too?

AprilLudgateDwyer Tue 27-Dec-16 08:49:24

Unfortunately not!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 27-Dec-16 08:50:08

Yes! Perfect casting.

backtowork2015 Tue 27-Dec-16 09:06:34

Daniel Craig for RCB?

Cynara Tue 27-Dec-16 09:09:32

Most definitely, great casting OP. I'm sitting next to Lysander right now, he's my colleague. Lucky, lucky me.

AprilLudgateDwyer Tue 27-Dec-16 09:13:04

Hmmm I'm not sure about rcb that's a difficult one. Daniel Craig is a possibility definitely

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 27-Dec-16 09:36:56

Daniel Craig is not right for me. He could be someone, but not RCB. I don't think I've seen the correct Rupert suggested yet, it's difficult to measure up to the perfect looking man I have in my head!

NeonPinkNails Tue 27-Dec-16 09:39:38

A young Rob Lowe is the closest I've got to RCB.

Frouby Tue 27-Dec-16 09:43:12

I think a young Jude Law would do for RCB.

I see Daniel Craig more as Billy.

And Lysander could possibly have a look.of David Beckham but without the nasal tones.

Thattimeofyearagain Tue 27-Dec-16 10:08:22

Spot on op. I've always seen a young Minnie Driver as Taggie !

PaulDacresConscience Tue 27-Dec-16 10:15:34

I haven't seen a single man yet who could play RC-B. JC has always billed him as Mecca for most women. The TV adaptation had a reasonable stab at casting him but it wasn't quite right.

I always thought that Helen Baxendale would make a good Helen though; she'd get the nervy and neurotic behaviour to a t.

I think that Andrew Scott would make a fantastic Rannaldini - completely amoral, erratic, brilliant, mesmeric..and crucially not too tall grin

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 27-Dec-16 10:20:47

Rob Lowe is beautiful enough, - and American looking as RCB is according to Jc - along the right lines, not quite there.

I wish I could remember some of the casting on other theads, some were brilliant. James Vereker was always Richard Madeley for me, but he wasn't everyones idea.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 27-Dec-16 10:22:07

Andrew Scott would work as RR Paul

TrippyMcTrapFace Tue 27-Dec-16 10:28:10

Dusting off 'Riders' as we speak (ok firing up the Kindle actually).
Great posts inspiring me to re-read them all yet again.

LizzieVereker Tue 27-Dec-16 10:34:35

I think a young Jane Asher would be Helen. I would be played by a young JC herself, but now I am oldear, perhaps Fernie? (Britton). RCB is just impossible to cast, I've been trying for nearly 30 years...

flumpybear Tue 27-Dec-16 10:38:55

I agree RCB is almost impossible to cast!!
I think I need to dust off the old books too!! Loved some of those characters but RCB was a toe curler!!
Off for a think!!

flumpybear Tue 27-Dec-16 10:41:51

Brilliant!!!!! Reading the list of recurring characters in the Rutshire chronicles on wiki it seems I've inadvertently named both my children after main characters!!!

mummyplus7 Tue 27-Dec-16 10:43:28

Love Jilly Cooper and I wish they'd remake the TV movies. The man who made husbands jealous in particular is a poor adaptation (but I do drool over Hugh Bonneville)

Crispbutty Tue 27-Dec-16 10:45:36

The actor who played Arthur I'm Merlin would be fabulosity as Rcb

Crispbutty Tue 27-Dec-16 10:45:55

In - not I'm

flumpybear Tue 27-Dec-16 11:00:16

Crisp-hhhmmm!! Not bad!!! I think perhaps a younger blonder Vigo Mortensen wink

PetShopGirl Tue 27-Dec-16 11:01:16

Jessica Chastain would be my Helen.

AprilLudgateDwyer Tue 27-Dec-16 11:46:49

Wow loving these suggestions. I don't think there is anyone who can play rcb. He's been written to be too perfect looking.

I saw a young Jane Asher in tales of the unexpected the other day and thought she would be a great Helen.

I'm really racking my brains for a hermione

PaulDacresConscience Tue 27-Dec-16 13:01:26

Jessica Chastain would be brilliant actually - good suggestion.

Hermione is just too bloody irritating for words. In terms of looks, she is an older Kim Kardashian really. Very attractive, dark haired, huge arse and a bit deluded in terms of her figure and desperate to strip off every 5 minutes (remember 'Kind Bob' always turning the scales down for her?).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now