Talk

Advanced search

Is there a sociology lecturer out there encouraging people to make up stuff on social media?

(4 Posts)
Pigeonpost Mon 26-Dec-16 23:16:26

AIBU to wonder whether some clever dick sociology lecturer/teacher out there is encouraging students to post on MN (and possibly elsewhere) to then assess and write up the impact of the thread and responses? I've never studied sociology so might be barking up the wrong tree but it seems feasible.

Some troll posts are obviously a crock of shit I accept but others seem to have involved a bit more thought. Obviously some trolls are just sick fuckers preying on the vulnerable and others are just bored kids but is it too weird to wonder whether some are deliberate in the pursuit of study rather than just shit and giggles? Not that I'm condoning such an approach, making shit up online to trick people is wrong but I do wonder about the motives sometimes.

HecAteAllTheXmasPud Mon 26-Dec-16 23:20:47

I wouldnt have thought so. That would be very stupid and pdobably inethical.
More likely that there's an abundance of stupid twats who think they're funny.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Mon 26-Dec-16 23:25:26

Huh, that's one explanation for it!

ilovesooty Mon 26-Dec-16 23:29:53

I suspect that most of the trolls and GF s are regular posters who've been here for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now