Talk

Advanced search

bubble and squeak loving it

(15 Posts)
gunnergirl Mon 26-Dec-16 13:40:25

Bubble and squeak is for me the nicest bit about boxing day just made the most amazing plate full

PopGoesTheFuckingWeasel Mon 26-Dec-16 14:06:39

Brown sauce is mandatory...

Lilaclily Mon 26-Dec-16 14:12:23

Can someone give me their recipe? Thanks

PopGoesTheFuckingWeasel Mon 26-Dec-16 14:51:28

Lilac for breakfast we mashed up leftover gammon, leftover roast spuds/carrots and cabbage and fried it all into a big mess in a big frying pan. Leftover mash works just as well. <waddles off to raid ftidge>

TheNaze73 Mon 26-Dec-16 15:44:25

Food of the Gods

Merriment Mon 26-Dec-16 15:52:49

We all love boxing day bubble and squeak, a family tradition that's been passed down through the generations smile

Lilly I use mash, savoy cabbage and leeks, season with salt, pepper and garlic, bind with an egg or two, shape into patties and fry. Bloody delicious!

MotherFuckingChainsaw Mon 26-Dec-16 15:53:10

Thanks for the inspiration

I'm pogged

Farmmummy Mon 26-Dec-16 15:54:46

Ooh didn't know it was called bubble and squeak but love this too!

MusterTheRohirim Mon 26-Dec-16 15:57:18

My bubble and squeak is an entire roast mashed up with gravy poured on top then baked! It is the best thing ever.

HemanOrSheRa Mon 26-Dec-16 16:04:42

Mmmm. I love bubble and squeak. DS is doing a sterling job of powering through the leftovers. He's has 3 plates of christmas roast dinners. One when we all ate yesterday. One last night when he was feeling peckish and one for lunch today grin.

I've just enough left for a bubble and squeak breakfast for me tomorrow. I'm working today so it wouldn't have been the same. I've managed a huge Boxing Day baguette though. Delicious!

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 26-Dec-16 16:06:10

Bubble and squeak is amazing! I am so looking forward to it today smile I like it with a side of bacon and lots of buttered bread smile

RortyCrankle Mon 26-Dec-16 16:08:58

Bubble and squeak with leftovers and salad is the food of the gods.

Hobbes8 Mon 26-Dec-16 16:09:01

It's nice with a bit of Stilton crumbled in.

HemanOrSheRa Mon 26-Dec-16 16:16:15

Ooh that sounds nice Hob. I sometimes mash a bit of leftover cauli cheese in so I think stilton would lovely. Plus, we don't have any cauli cheese left as I dunked my baguette into in and shovelled it all in. I like my Bubble with a fried egg on top and crisp streaky bacon/pancetta on the side.

Pineapplemilkshake Mon 26-Dec-16 16:27:45

We had bubble and squeak potato cakes for one of our Christmas dinner potato dishes, they were divine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now