Talk

Advanced search

To start a "nice PIL" thread?

(24 Posts)
PopGoesTheFuckingWeasel Mon 26-Dec-16 12:59:15

Has anyone else actually had a good Christmas with their PIL? I've been outside smoking a cigar and drinking whiskey with my FIL while MIL and DH serve up dessert. grin

Anyone else?

Lilaclily Mon 26-Dec-16 13:00:36

Smoking a cigar? Yuk ! fgrin

PopGoesTheFuckingWeasel Mon 26-Dec-16 13:02:15

Lila I know...I know...I'm going to stink for days- but it's once a year 😁😁

rosewineisgreat Mon 26-Dec-16 13:07:26

Yes I had a good Christmas with PIL and SIL!

PopGoesTheFuckingWeasel Mon 26-Dec-16 13:12:14

My MIL just told me to "Stop pissing about with cheese and get some bloody booze down your neck". grin

Krampus Mon 26-Dec-16 13:13:47

Yes, had a good one with all the inlaws.

CaptainCallisto Mon 26-Dec-16 13:14:52

I'm currently having a nice Boxing Day with mine smile

Rowgtfc72 Mon 26-Dec-16 13:15:01

Mil and fil invited for Christmas day. Brought some lovely presents and we had a great time. Spent the evening picking out wedding dresses for her.

pklme Mon 26-Dec-16 13:16:13

What about sweet but hopeless ones? Do I start a new thread for them? Nothing wrong with them, but set in their ways.

Absolutely fantastic Xmas day with the in laws. They spoilt us all rotten and we're very complimentary about my first time cooking a turkey. I've invited them back today to eat leftovers but they're busy

juls1888 Mon 26-Dec-16 13:20:09

My MIL joined us for Christmas day with my family and it was fantastic. She's a great laugh and so easy going. The only complaint I have is that she went absolutely overboard with gifts for my DS but I understand why she does, he's bloody adorable! She's pissing herself laughing at all the horrible gift and horrible in-laws threads I'm reading her on here.

girlelephant Mon 26-Dec-16 13:20:36

Our PIL are lovely people smile Good fun, sociable and bring new and thoughtful gifts (thinking of the poor MN who was gifted used shoes yesterday!).

crashdoll Mon 26-Dec-16 13:24:31

I was meant to go with DP and kids to PIL today but I'm too ill. MIL phoned to wish me better and to list all the foods she was making. She wanted a specific list of what I want DP to bring home and how much I want. She also asked if she could do anything and if I wanted the DC to stay over tonight so I can have a lie in tomorrow.

woodhill Mon 26-Dec-16 13:25:34

No poor fil was ill at ours, had to go to hospital 😢heartbreaking. dementia

MangoBiscuit Mon 26-Dec-16 13:30:21

We're heading over to my PILs shortly, and I'm looking forward to it (despite having a bloody painful back atm) I will most likely get to sit down for a while, watch all the kids and dogs play together, and drink a glass of prosecco that seems to magically re-fill (thanks to FIL! ) Both my PILs are lovely, kind, generous, and very no-nonsense. DH and I often joke that I only married him for his Mum. grin

PopGoesTheFuckingWeasel Mon 26-Dec-16 13:30:48

Sweet but hopeless works too! My PIL is now ribbing me about my (pink, blue and purple) hair- nicely though grin

Nicknameofawesome Mon 26-Dec-16 13:34:55

FIL and his partner cooked us all an awesome meal. SIL and her DH and kids were there as well. We all exchanged nice presents, the kids played well, we are fantastically and had a great laugh. Absolutely loved it.

We do it most years, morning at home then go over early afternoon for food, gifts, fun, more food then home for kids bedtime.

PaperdollCartoon Mon 26-Dec-16 13:39:49

Spending today with Ps not yet in L, and DPs sisters family, all lovely. MIL is very like my DM, kind, lovely, do anything for anyone. FIL is also lovely, would do more for me than DDad would. DP and I are very lucky that we love each other's family and will happily spend time with both any time. In fact we spend more time with family than with our friends.

PopGoesTheFuckingWeasel Mon 26-Dec-16 13:40:48

woodhill sadflowers

LBOCS2 Mon 26-Dec-16 13:42:50

I've had a really nice Christmas with my ILs. They showered the kids with gifts (argh!), got our presents absolutely spot on and it has generally been a very lovely day.

lalalalyra Mon 26-Dec-16 14:08:59

My MIL and other-MIL (DH's first MIL) arrived yesterday, took one look at me having been up half the night with the baby (and DH up half
the night with the 3yo thanks to a neighbours party) and ordered me to 'park my arse'. They took over the rest of the cooking, found a wonderful balance between amusing my 8yo and keeping him quiet and after the meal organised the washing up by delegation and when I came back down from putting the baby to bed they'd poured me a glass of wine.

I love them. Especially oMIL. I don't think I could be as kind and helpful as she is to me, when it should have been her daughter day there (DH's first wife was very young when she died). She's an amazing woman.

Mil also played pie face (thanks BIL) with the kids and made their day with pretend "I got it in my eye" drama.

lalalalyra Mon 26-Dec-16 14:09:31

*her daughter sat there

woodhill Mon 26-Dec-16 23:01:34

Thanks Pop

CantChoose Mon 26-Dec-16 23:07:54

My ILs have been extremely kind to me, a close relative was taken into hospital on Christmas Day and is dying. We were spending the day with them and they were so lovely to me and were happy to let me do whatever I needed to do whenever I needed to. They got me thoughtful gifts, bought in all my favourite foods etc. They drive me up the wall on occasion, of course, but generally are rather wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now