Talk

Advanced search

to start a random/unsuitable/shit xmas present thread

(116 Posts)
skyofdiamonds Sun 25-Dec-16 22:45:46

Please share your absolute shockers here!

CinderellaFant Sun 25-Dec-16 22:49:23

Glee scene it DVD game- for my 6 yo DS who has never even heard of glee angry

bahmumbug Sun 25-Dec-16 22:54:16

Play doh for ds 4 months fshock

Donostia Sun 25-Dec-16 22:55:03

Mines a bit sad..

I'm on a secret Santa as part of my mumsnet antenatal group and my son was sent the only thing I said he disliked on the group discussion about likes and dislikes... he doesn't like playing with figures..

they sent the creepiest puppets ive ever seen.

so they clearly don't like me but punished my 3yo sad

IpDipCatnip Sun 25-Dec-16 22:57:25

Surely the play doh is to be kept unti he has grown into it? No way a shit present, otherwise clothes, clothes, clothes! 🤔

Grindelwaldswand Sun 25-Dec-16 22:58:37

I got a plastic magazine file hmm bizarre to say the least

skyofdiamonds Sun 25-Dec-16 23:02:01

A non-novelty mug with birds around the edge for 30 yr old DP who is into technology/games/clothes/anything, with 3.99 price tag from local garden centre...and we live in a flat in the city (not a country cottage with game inspired crockery!)

bahmumbug Sun 25-Dec-16 23:06:41

IpDip believe me it's a shit present for a 4 mo !

LittleBoat Sun 25-Dec-16 23:11:33

Not shit, but ridiculously extravagant. A box set of 3 Molten Brown bubble baths. The price tag, still on, was for 49 whole English pounds!!

Oh what I could have done with that money.

insertimaginativeusername Sun 25-Dec-16 23:13:00

A bottle of shloer! Gutted when I skipped off to open the wine bottle bag after a day of hosting 😩

user1471462290 Sun 25-Dec-16 23:13:27

Nothing, i didn't get any presents 😢😢😢

Timeforteaplease Sun 25-Dec-16 23:33:48

Coffee cups when I don't drink coffee.

Cremolafoam Sun 25-Dec-16 23:36:15

Free pamphlets from the Guardian ( classy) on business. Great.

doodlejump1980 Sun 25-Dec-16 23:37:55

Nutty chocs from my FIL. I have a massive nut allergy.

rewardformissingmojo Sun 25-Dec-16 23:38:48

Well, am trying to persuade myself it's fine, but from MIL - a foot massager. To remove dead skin, corns, etc. For context, her other DILs received perfume.

Masketti Sun 25-Dec-16 23:40:45

My in laws are rich but thoughtless. I got a bottle of Fortnum and Mason champagne with truffles. DH suggested to them I'd like a bottle of champagne.

So how is that thoughtless?

Opened the box to be greated with "Merry Christmas lots of love from David and Katie"

My in laws are not called David and Katie. But their mega rich friends are. I've received a very expensive regift with the original sender's message still inside grin

So I should be grateful I've got a lovely bottle of champagne. But that was literally all they got for me. They did a box of foods "To Masketti and DH" except it's full of things he eats not me. Like nuts - I'm allergic.

Brilliant. A regifted bottle of champagne and a box of foods I can't eat and ales I don't drink.

Merry Christmas fhmm

littlemissfuckingsunshine Sun 25-Dec-16 23:43:30

A make up set from DPs mum. I have been with DP for 4 years and never once have I worn make up.

Cherrysoup Sun 25-Dec-16 23:46:47

Nothing terrible, but I haven't had dm's presents yet! I have the to look forward to next week.

Pheebs77 Sun 25-Dec-16 23:49:18

Zilch this year but last year dm got me a metal chicken thing you put in the garden as an ornament confused and an oven glove with a chicken on it confused

Chickens have never featured in my life...

Masketti Sun 25-Dec-16 23:50:50

Oh and that's literally all I got for Christmas Day because DH got me nothing. On the upside I can't wait to get smashed on an apparently £65 bottle of champagne! (Hate truffles)

Callipygian Sun 25-Dec-16 23:51:24

DB got DH 2 books, one about why his stance on religion is incorrect, and one about how his stance on politics is incorrect... Merry christmas!?

Myfanwyprice Sun 25-Dec-16 23:56:44

2 lovely size 12 tops from mil, I'm a 16 - she doesn't like to buy me things in a 16 in case it offends me!

bulldogmum Sun 25-Dec-16 23:58:06

DH wrapped one tray of cheap chocolates from a box that had 2 trays and put that in my stocking. Worse still the chocolates were a gift from a friend 2 days earlier and I'd put them in the bin so I wouldn't eat them (post baby diet). So he fished the chocs out of the bin and rewrapped them...pretty crap!

DontTouchTheMoustache Mon 26-Dec-16 00:00:56

I got a bath set from MIL which would be fine except it was the same bath set in bought for her last month...

Falalalafffffffttt Mon 26-Dec-16 00:08:38

I got a bottle of Irish cream from mil. I'm lactose intolerant. She knows this.
On behalf of my 6 yr old Ds, the toot and drive play set just shows how completely shit she is as a grandparent. It is appropriate for a 1yr old. She has seen Ds about 3 times this year (she lives in the same city) and is obviously completely out of touch. I felt bad for him, he was confused why granny gave him a baby present.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now