Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone actually use body lotion?

(264 Posts)
Babyhiccups Sun 25-Dec-16 18:53:17

I've got the usual Christmas smelly sets from in laws, grandparents and one from a friend. They're all lovely and I appreciate them as presents as I do use the contents....but never the body lotion.

This means I end up with drawers full of the things, because I have all good intentions of slathering myself with the stuff after every shower, but I can just never be bothered.

Am I the only one who wishes they'd just put two shower gels in there instead?

sooperdooper Sun 25-Dec-16 18:54:42

I'm with you 100% I've got drawers of the stuff never use it

RockStonePebble Sun 25-Dec-16 18:57:51

I do use body lotion. Not every day though and I go through shower gel much more quickly. I currently have a body lotion stockpile. I got a nice one from SIL last year that I still haven't got around to using yet!

DappledThings Sun 25-Dec-16 18:58:05

I thought it was only me! Every year I end up trying to give away at least two bottles. Occasionally put a bit on my legs after shaving and that's it

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 25-Dec-16 18:59:02

Once in a blue moon. I have drawers of them... If you have any shelters or women's refuges near you, someone might like them.

Welshrainbow Sun 25-Dec-16 19:00:08

Hate the stuff in gift sets, just out in extra shower gel or bubble bath. I too have drawers full of the bloody things.

WetPaint4 Sun 25-Dec-16 19:02:34

I use it every day, I have to have lotion. I wonder if I have friends like you ladies who will gift me theirs grin

Tiptoethr0ughthetulips Sun 25-Dec-16 19:03:26

No, it's shit. Brings me out in a rash, I really wish people would just get me the shower gel/ bath foam xx

MrsExpo Sun 25-Dec-16 19:03:50

Yes, I do. I have pretty dry skin which benefits from a good lathering with a nice lotion. I'd love it if people gave me body lotion for Christmas. Feel free to send over unwanted supplies. smile

illegitimateMortificadospawn Sun 25-Dec-16 19:04:11

So long as you haven't opened it/started using it, I think you can donate toiletries to food banks. Or refuges, as someone else has said.

Ohyesiam Sun 25-Dec-16 19:05:49

Black and mixed race skins are very dry, and need slathering preferably daily.

GCHQMonitoring Sun 25-Dec-16 19:07:13

I use body lotion every day as my skin is dry and itchy without, but not generally the stuff that comes in body sets.

Bluntness100 Sun 25-Dec-16 19:07:23

Yes I use a body lotion, a Laura mercier one, has to be that one, and I pretty much use it instead of perfume. I do get gifted others, as well as perfumes and I don't use them, I just use that specific one as I love the smell.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 25-Dec-16 19:08:05

My mother does.

Personally I think life is too short.

PNGirl Sun 25-Dec-16 19:09:43

Every day. I have very dry skin.

MrsMillions Sun 25-Dec-16 19:11:32

I am sure my skin would benefit from it but I just do not have the time. So yes another one with a stockpile, likely to be added to when we exchange presents with the inlaws tomorrow.

RestlessTraveller Sun 25-Dec-16 19:13:52

Yep. Every day.

MikeUniformMike Sun 25-Dec-16 19:14:33

I don't use it. Give it to a charity shop or refuge if you are not going to use it.

On a slightly different subject - does conditioner work? I use it because I got nagged by colleagues a few years ago but I still have split ends. The only difference I notice is that my hair is easier to comb after I wash it.

leccybill Sun 25-Dec-16 19:15:51

Good god, never. Can't be arsed and it makes zero difference to my skin.

Rather have 2 x shower gel or bubble bath instead.

fluffiphlox Sun 25-Dec-16 19:16:13

Every day. Otherwise I'd be like a lizard.

whensitmyturn Sun 25-Dec-16 19:18:14

Every day and it definitely helps my skin.

NameChanger22 Sun 25-Dec-16 19:20:05

I use it, but it takes a long time to use a whole bottle. I have loads of spare bottles that I should have given away. Unfortunately it doesn't last a long time, like other products do.

TwoDogs9 Sun 25-Dec-16 19:20:52

Every day. Otherwise I'd be like a lizard.

This!

Costacoffeeplease Sun 25-Dec-16 19:22:19

Yes every day, if only on my arms and décolletage

EweAreHere Sun 25-Dec-16 19:25:20

Every day! Send them to me! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now