Talk

Advanced search

Husband got me a f**king chopping board for Xmas!!!

(80 Posts)
Loubymoo27 Sun 25-Dec-16 15:57:52

That's it really. Some perfume and a chopping board because I've mentioned a few times that we need one for the kitchen!! I feel a little hurt to be honest but he thinks it's hilarious!

He's also buggered off for a nap while I'm sat with my Dd and Dm watching frigging Frozen for the gazilionth time.

Xmas is a bit shit really isn't it!

Crispbutty Sun 25-Dec-16 15:59:03

Got you perfume too didn't he? Can't see a problem really.

AnyFucker Sun 25-Dec-16 15:59:47

Perfume and a chopping board ?

Wassup with that ?

treaclesoda Sun 25-Dec-16 16:01:05

If it was a joke present to go along with your real present then it's not so bad? But that depends if the perfume is something you like, something he has put some thought into, or if you hate perfume and never wear it. Context makes a difference...

Newbrummie Sun 25-Dec-16 16:02:50

Buy your own presents, it's the only way

chitofftheshovel Sun 25-Dec-16 16:05:16

I got a mop and an ironing board cover for my 30th. He thought it was hilarious. I didn't. It was hurtful and he's an ex for a good reason.
Your turn to nap soon?

YetAnotherUser Sun 25-Dec-16 16:05:18

What did you ask for?

DollyPlastic Sun 25-Dec-16 16:08:10

I got the same as last year.

Fuck all. I'll swap you.

ScarletForYa Sun 25-Dec-16 16:08:36

Ahh stop.

You got perfume.

ProfessorBranestawm Sun 25-Dec-16 16:10:49

If he thinks it hilarious to get you it I don't think that's very nice really

toopeoply Sun 25-Dec-16 16:14:39

Hmm a bit poor. So is perfume really, unless you had specifically asked for it. I got a Cordless hoover, on, and perfume wink

Namejustfornappies Sun 25-Dec-16 16:16:57

I got a pinny. No perfume. I'll be buying myself my own present, especially as he got himself a brand new expensive smartphone a week or so ago...

abbsisspartacus Sun 25-Dec-16 16:18:43

is it for "nut" chopping? wink

ny20005 Sun 25-Dec-16 16:20:27

I got a whisk as part of my anniversary present & loved it as it showed he listened to me for once 😂

Autumnchill Sun 25-Dec-16 16:21:14

Hmmm I got my sister a John Lewis chopping board for Christmas (they both love cooking).

Thankfully for us, they have a decent one, so we've taken it back without any argument or offence and I'm getting her something she wants that is expensive but In the sale so win win all round 😊

Velvetdarkness Sun 25-Dec-16 16:22:47

A few years ago I got a slanket. We had words. Since then I've had iPods and an iPhone.

Loubymoo27 Sun 25-Dec-16 16:23:38

The perfume is nice so I'm grateful for that. Just feeling the Xmas day anti climax effect I think. Just thought after 12 years he would maybe put a little more thought in. Should've known better though, the first year we were together he bought me paint your own pig money box! Last year he bought me an emerald necklace (my birth stone) so that had some thought put into it. Ah well, I feel the wine calling to me!!!

Bunnyfuller Sun 25-Dec-16 16:25:00

Selfish fuckers, aren't they?

maras2 Sun 25-Dec-16 16:25:06

What perfume was it?

MarjorieSimpson Sun 25-Dec-16 16:25:19

In my family, thats the sort of things people would get. Not as a joke, why on earth would you joke presents at bristmas anyway?, but because they are practical and will be used and helpful for the person.

So yes my own presents (and DH and PIL and my own parents for that matter) are likely to be a mix of fancy stuff and very down to earth stuff (I got some perfume too but also a spiriliser and some tea strainer and a fancy cashemere jumper).

I don't really see the issue if it's something you really wanted but were unlikely to buy for yourself for one reason or the other.

MarjorieSimpson Sun 25-Dec-16 16:26:45

Actually my father nearly got a good wide chopping board too.

I would have had much more issue with him going to have a nap TBH!

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Sun 25-Dec-16 16:27:28

Well I got sweet FA so perfume & chopping board would be a bonus.
At least it shows he listens to you...fgrin

GingerHollyandIvy Sun 25-Dec-16 16:28:09

I got lovely candles, my favourite perfume, and the books I wanted. Why? Separated, so bought my presents myself! 😃

Loubymoo27 Sun 25-Dec-16 16:29:14

It's not what I wanted though. It's what we need for the kitchen, plus he does most of the cooking! All I've said a couple of times is that we could do with a new chopping board now we have a nice new (almost) finished kitchen.

It was not in a hint hint type of way at all.

I know I'm being a bit unreasonable but I can't saying to anyone so thought I'd rant on here instead to get it all out!!

CremeBrusselsSprouts Sun 25-Dec-16 16:29:51

Not seeing the issue? DH got me lovely bath stuff that he knows is my favourite and I bought him slippers and the traditional comedy Xmas tshirt. Xmas is about the kids in our house.

I'd be much more bothered by him pissing off for a nap. That's not on, it's a family day.

Hope you haven't whinged about the gifts, acting like a sulky brat is particularly unattractive behaviour when exhibited by an adult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now