Talk

Advanced search

To think my sister is fecking rude?

(18 Posts)
Evennumberonthevolume Sun 25-Dec-16 13:26:57

She's just called my mum to wish her a happy Christmas. She knows I'm here and said nothing.

Surely you would want to talk to your (only) sibling to say those two words.

Lilaclily Sun 25-Dec-16 13:28:01

God I'm not phoning any of my siblings today or parents, everyone too busy, we all love each other very much and we'll see each other on the 28th

thecolonelbumminganugget Sun 25-Dec-16 13:28:22

Do you have working fingers and are you familiar with how a telephone works?

MynyddoeddEryri Sun 25-Dec-16 13:28:48

I've not phoned my parents or siblings - the thought hadn't even entered my head tbh and we're not even busy!

peppatax Sun 25-Dec-16 13:29:30

I've never understood why people spend Christmas in a certain place with certain people then feel the need to spend a good chunk of the day on the phone wishing the people they're not with a happy Christmas

cx5221 Sun 25-Dec-16 13:29:54

You too could have asked to speak to her? Or phoned her too? Unless there is a massive back story then I don't think it's worth getting upset about.

Evennumberonthevolume Sun 25-Dec-16 13:30:05

God I'm not phoning any of my siblings today or parents, everyone too busy

She just phoned my mum and knows I'm at our parents.

harderandharder2breathe Sun 25-Dec-16 13:40:00

Well I would do that but I'm NC with my sister

You could've asked to speak to her. You could've called her.

If it bothers you, call her and wish her Kerry Christmas

harderandharder2breathe Sun 25-Dec-16 13:40:09

Merry obviously blush

thecolonelbumminganugget Sun 25-Dec-16 13:44:51

AIBU to think my sister is fecking rude?

I just called my mum to wish her merry Christmas, she was at my mums house, she knew it was me and didn't ask to speak to me to wish me Merry Christmas, I'm her only sibling ffs! She hasn't even bothered to call me or text me.

(See where I'm going with this...)

MrTumblesbitch Sun 25-Dec-16 13:44:53

Ooh are you my brother? He's just facetimed my mum - I put ds on the phone and hid. We are NC and I'm in pyjamas still. I needed game face and war paint if I was going to tackle that particular "merry christmas" today!

TrustySnail Sun 25-Dec-16 13:50:17

YANBU at all. I would think this odd and hurtful. My sister is 200 miles away - our parents are with me. We've exchanged text messages thanking each other for gifts and we'll speak on the phone later - the phone will definitely do the rounds of everyone - I can't think of any reason why not to (as long as you're all on good terms).

I wonder if she was planning to speak to you after your parents, but got called away suddenly (eg. burning food crisis or similar).

I'd give her a call later on as PPs have suggested.

bloodymaria Sun 25-Dec-16 13:54:29

Did she wish your dad a Merry Christmas? Or just your mum? Tbh it's such a non-issue, it seems like you are looking for things to grouse about. Cheer up love, it's Christmas!

TrustySnail Sun 25-Dec-16 13:57:10

peppatax

There are lots of reasons why you might not be able to spend Christmas with your chosen family members/loved ones - if you're far away and unable to travel due to work commitments is the first one that comes to mind - of course you still want to speak to them on the day.

Shenanagins Sun 25-Dec-16 14:04:18

I think it depends on your relationship with your sister.

I phoned my mum earlier and my sibling was there somewhere upstairs faffing about. I didn't speak to them at that point as I had to get on with stuff and likewise at their end. We will speak later and it'll be fine.

However if you two don't have a good relationship then yes it is rude.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Sun 25-Dec-16 14:05:23

Yabu you could ring her.

Is she older than you by any chance?

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sun 25-Dec-16 14:07:43

I don't know. If you're usually close, yes that would be weird.

If you don't get on, not so much.

Groovee Sun 25-Dec-16 14:11:29

My half sister would run to the toilet on my birthday and stay in there until my dad had ended the call. She's an bitch. Last came face to face with her 4 years ago and she thought a smile would break the ice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now