Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed that my husband has gone out

(7 Posts)
DoryHead Sun 25-Dec-16 10:11:25

I woke up before him this morning, let the dogs out and got on with icing the cakes I baked last night.
He came downstairs a while later, barely said a word, wrote his mum's card and announced he was going over to hers to do presents now because she doesn't want to do them with her BIL(DH's uncle)'s family on Boxing Day.
I asked why we couldn't just do them before we go to the uncle's house, and he said he was supposed to go last night, so he needs to go this morning. He's still not back, so I'm just eating the cake scraps grin and watching crappy TV with the dogs.
We decided not to do presents for each other this year, so not missing out on that, but I'm really annoyed he has just left to go and see his mum without me. I would have happily gone over once we were properly up and showered, before we head over to my DM's for the day, but we always do one day at each family, and have never gone over to the other family in the morning.
I'm not BU, am I? Or am I?

statetrooperstacey Sun 25-Dec-16 10:24:48

I Would call your mil to wish her a merry Xmas, and see if he is actually there. . . .

DoryHead Sun 25-Dec-16 10:31:17

He is definitely there. I'm not worried about that. The apron strings are very firmly still attached.
I just don't understand why he couldn't have discussed it with me last night it this morning or at least asked me if I wanted to get ready and go

DoryHead Sun 25-Dec-16 10:32:06

...or this morning*

ChuckSnowballs Sun 25-Dec-16 10:33:37

Could you also go out, to your mum's and leave him there?

Billben Sun 25-Dec-16 10:35:52

If you've bought gifts for your MIL than surely it would be nice for you to be there as well when she opens them, not just your DH. I wouldn't be pleased with this situation either.

DoryHead Sun 25-Dec-16 10:45:48

I'm still in my PJs, so no going out for me grin
He's back now, but just handed me a bag of presents, put his bag in the kitchen and is building his main present. I guess I'm just supposed to open mine by myself.
Gah! Never mind. Could be worse. At least I have no doubts as to where he was

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now