Talk

Advanced search

To think it never gets easier

(7 Posts)
BrightonBelleCat Sun 25-Dec-16 09:23:06

When you wake up without your dc on Christmas morning?

This is now seventh year of separated Christmas. I'll see them later but dp's kids are here and so excited I miss that initial waking up bit I'm upstairs having a sneaky cry.

flowers to all others who are without their loved ones. Still very lucky that I get to see them I guess.

Rainydayspending Sun 25-Dec-16 09:26:07

No. Not easier so far. Busy busy is my plan. I now have a 10 month old. So far, more jarring (but dh is away for 3 days working, 2 older dd's at dads).

Rainydayspending Sun 25-Dec-16 09:26:27

flowersbrew

Keletubbie Sun 25-Dec-16 09:44:32

I couldn't do it. I can't imagine how it must be. Ex DP and I separated before DD was born, but he always comes over to open gifts and drink coffee on Christmas morning.

Ellisandra Sun 25-Dec-16 09:46:10

It's not a case of "couldn't do it" - some of us don't have a choice.

flowers OP.

RebelSoldier Sun 25-Dec-16 09:49:53

I'm seeing my kids later today. Christmas isn't a BIG BIG thing in our family and even I found it difficult. Look at some photos and videos of them, get all your love full to overflowing smile it will be OK OP, don't worry. They're having fun now & they'll have even more fun when you come smile

Whathappendexactly Sun 25-Dec-16 09:58:26

flowers. Woke up by myself for the same reason. I will not see them at all today. Judt the way it falls. I know they are having an epic time as ExH family are great with them and love Christmas. It's a big thing to them. That helps me cope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now