Talk

Advanced search

To say hi to anyone else back from midnight mass ....

(13 Posts)
kitnkaboodle Sun 25-Dec-16 01:48:53

Enjoying a peaceful moment and a whisky .. cheers!

OvertiredandConfused Sun 25-Dec-16 01:54:16

Hi to you too. Just finished putting out presents and enjoying a moment of " it's all ready" before chaos descends again in the morning

kitnkaboodle Sun 25-Dec-16 01:55:44

Can't be arsed to go to bed and the old Christmas Carol movie is on channel 5 fgrin

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 25-Dec-16 01:57:30

Hello. I'm not religious at all but we live near an Anglican cathedral which has a music school and one of the best choirs in the country. The music is always superb and I sort of feel even if I don't believe going at least pays some attention as to what this is all about.

I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea.

heartknot Sun 25-Dec-16 01:58:24

Happy Christmas! Just enjoyed a glass of mulled wine and a mince pies. Done the stocking and now ready for bed.

Fidelia Sun 25-Dec-16 01:58:51

Merry Christmas....finding it hard to get sleepy now

BizzyFizzy Sun 25-Dec-16 02:01:00

I was on duty at church tonight as a warden. A handful of merry drunks amongst a crowd of 200+. Lovely start to Christmas for all.

InflagranteDelicto Sun 25-Dec-16 02:01:18

Hello 😊 back late as we were helping usher, and generally make sure it flowed. Love MM. My indulgence. Stockings all done, excited 8yo back to sleep, and in bed with a glass of wine now.

liz70 Sun 25-Dec-16 02:08:11

Waves to everyone. Back from carol singing and watch night service at our local C of S church. Enjoying crackers with garlic and herb roulé, fruit and nuts, and mince pie with brandy butter, all washed down with sweet sherry. Merry Christmas to all. fsmile

Italiangreyhound Sun 25-Dec-16 02:11:10

Lovely service, struck by the phrase 'He took on our nature', what a sacrifice to make.

Had a cuppa and some cheese and biscuits, wrapped gift from Santa and ate Santa's chocolates.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 25-Dec-16 02:13:50

wine

just unwinding, especially powerful this year for me, til the priest noticed time was getting on after his extra long sermon, then he sped up enormously. ''Twas funny.

TheRealBarenziah Sun 25-Dec-16 02:15:02

Merry Christmas! Just back from my first ever Midnight Mass! Really enjoyed it. I found the music very accessible - for the first time ever during a church service, I knew most of the hymns! Church was much more full than it usually is on a Sunday - nice to see lots of young people there (in contrast to Sundays, when I'm often the youngest person there, at the age of 29).

JayDot500 Sun 25-Dec-16 03:23:24

Hello and Merry Christmas all smile

Just in bed now after a lovely mass. My DS' first midnight mass and he wasn't too bad! He loved it when the priest called us up and I let him crawl will the way to the alter and back. For him, it was like Christmas had come was great because I'm usually confining him to our seat during mass. He's conked out right now.

This thread has reminded me of my port sitting downstairs all alone on Christmas hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now