Talk

Advanced search

To not engage in xmas tomorrow with horrible mother

(4 Posts)
sunshinesoph155 Sat 24-Dec-16 23:44:15

This year it's just me and mum at Christmas as DP is at his parents and we decided that way as mum is on her own.

However since I arrived a few days ago she's acting like a complete nutcase and won't stop shouting and being in a properly foul mood. She's often selfish and narcissistic but she's taken it to a whole new level. Five minutes later she's fine and acting as if we can be best mates

Just now she had a massive shouting session because I was too tired to watch a Christmas film and wanted to go to bed (she took it as me being a cow) and proceeded to wake me up by bashing around hoovering and slamming doors

WIBU to tell her to piss off and not bother engaging in Christmas tomorrow? I.E not open presents or eat dinner? Or do I have to suck it up?

TheSnowFairy Sat 24-Dec-16 23:45:30

YABU. Be like your name and it's Christmas fwink

Finola1step Sat 24-Dec-16 23:45:59

Open your presents, eat the food, drink the drink then go home and put your feet up. Why miss out?

Itsallgoodimtold Sun 25-Dec-16 00:40:05

Are you turning up but not engaging with her? If so, that is very hurtful and could explain her behaviour, if she thinks you would rather not be there, this might explain her behaviour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now