Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with TV hogging

(8 Posts)
SantasJockstrap Sat 24-Dec-16 23:27:58

My Christmas will literally involve me finding stuff to do, whilst my husband watches his choice of TV programmes either I find something to do alone, or I am bored fucking stiff.

Me and my husband don't really like the same tv shows or films, and he will watch repeat after repeat of his favourite shows or films. he likes a lot of car shows and he wont give time of day to anything that is not his choice of TV. to make matters worse, he does not like anyone else talking whilst his shows are on which just makes me, and any visitors we have, feel unwelcome

SantasJockstrap Sat 24-Dec-16 23:29:09

This is not really a xmas thread, its a regular weekend in my house lol

guess I just needed to vent

Minstrelsareyum Sat 24-Dec-16 23:37:44

He is BVU to be watching TV when you have visitors! He is B U to completely hog the TV and not let you have a look in at all. It's very selfish. You know it, he knows it. Time to have a conversation. This aside, have a nice Christmas, op. fsmile

SantasJockstrap Sat 24-Dec-16 23:40:14

thanks hun

blackheartsgirl Sat 24-Dec-16 23:40:40

I have exactly the same problem with my dp, at the moment he watches endless reruns of aufiedersehn pet or bond film and no one not even the kids are allowed to cross the telly when it's on. His excuse is that it's his tv and his xbox..we play dvds on it and watch netflix. Ot sure what the answer is but your not alone

haveacupoftea Sun 25-Dec-16 01:09:43

YANBU

Time to put your foot down and call him out for being a knob.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sun 25-Dec-16 01:13:02

thanks hun

<gets popcorn>

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sun 25-Dec-16 01:15:04

And he sounds like a total prince. Does he have redeeming features?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now