Talk

Advanced search

To have kicked the cat out on Xmas eve?

(107 Posts)
PoisonousSmurf Sat 24-Dec-16 22:12:43

For the last two weeks she has been trying to kill the tree and wee on the presents under the tree.
I just want an upright tree and no bin bags under the tree.
Is this too much to ask?
The cat does have a safe place to sleep out of the weather.

Merry Xmas!

SabineUndine Sat 24-Dec-16 22:19:14

YABU. All you have to do is keep her out of that room. It's cold and damp outside. If you don't want to look after a cat, get her rehomed

Schmoozer Sat 24-Dec-16 22:21:37

As Sabine says. Get the cat in you rotter.

Badcat666 Sat 24-Dec-16 22:21:52

Just shut the fucking door! Not bloody rocket science is it?

Jesus H Christ... It's horrible and wet outside and it's christmas.

Bah humbug to you.

Crispbutty Sat 24-Dec-16 22:22:27

If you can't shut it out of the room overnight then I'm sure it will be fine, it's not exactly very cold.

Reality16 Sat 24-Dec-16 22:22:41

How many trees have you got that you can't just shut the door and leave the cat to roam the rest of the house

Itsseweasy Sat 24-Dec-16 22:22:59

YABU. It would be kinder to shut her out of that room. There are some sickos out there, and fuelled by alcohol on Christmas Eve I would be concerned for my cat's welfare out all night. There are also 90mph winds outside tonight...

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Sat 24-Dec-16 22:23:37

How nasty. A living animal is less important that presents?

ClarissaDarling Sat 24-Dec-16 22:23:42

Bloody hell! I hope you're not anywhere being hit by Hurricane Babs!

LottieDoubtie Sat 24-Dec-16 22:24:01

If the cat does has a safe and warm enough place to rest I can't get too excited about this tbh.

Ours is spending the night in the kitchen/utility room to keep her away from the presents in other rooms. She has good, water, a blanket to sleep on and access to litter. I will anti bac the surfaces before any cooking tomorrow.

JenLindleyShitMom Sat 24-Dec-16 22:24:13

Surely you can just keep it in another room? My cat is a random pisser and I keep him in the bathroom at night where his litter tray is and he has an igloo bed.

YouTheCat Sat 24-Dec-16 22:24:51

Yabu.

Get the cat back in.

bluetongue Sat 24-Dec-16 22:25:36

Is it a real tree or fake? Apparently real trees make some cats go a bit funny (was watching My Cat From Hell last night.)

Chrissiecat Sat 24-Dec-16 22:26:03

YABU Let your cat in, poor creature.

HardLightHologram Sat 24-Dec-16 22:26:28

Our cat is always out at night. She asks to go out at about ten pm and doesn't come back until breakfast.

FilledSoda Sat 24-Dec-16 22:26:59

You shouldn't have a cat.
Pretty shit behaviour on your part. Maybe you could rehome her for the New Year

SeasickCrocodile Sat 24-Dec-16 22:27:36

Go get the cat you Grinch.

RoseGoldHippie Sat 24-Dec-16 22:28:03

Were visiting my parents for Christmas and I felt so guilty about leaving the cats over night alone on Christmas Eve that I have bought them with me! They have to stay upstairs because of the dog but are getting regulat visits from everyone and getting lots of fuss!

Please don't kick the cat out! Just keep in a different room! YABU

CalleighDoodle Sat 24-Dec-16 22:28:06

My cat would wee on the presents. I am closing the living room door.

DefinitelyOdd Sat 24-Dec-16 22:28:39

Yabu!! My cats are proper mentalists about the tree but I just shut them out of the room!

Floralnomad Sat 24-Dec-16 22:28:44

YABU , poor cat , we've had loads of fireworks round our way tonight plus it's wet and cold , I wouldn't be able to sleep if I thought any of my pets were outside .

PickledCauliflower Sat 24-Dec-16 22:29:35

YABU

The weather is awful in most of the UK tonight. Can't you keep the cat out of the room?

I hear "kick the cat out" quite frequently as a general expression. I think let the cat out sounds better.

PickledCauliflower Sat 24-Dec-16 22:30:15

Fireworks by me too.

NapQueen Sat 24-Dec-16 22:30:32

Our living room is a through room so impossible to close it off to the rest of the house. Maybe OPS is the same? In which came maybe the tree could be moved to a room which can be shut off, like the front hall or the kids bedroom?

PickledCauliflower Sat 24-Dec-16 22:32:44

Citrus fruit is a great deterrent for most cats. A few oranges / lemons or limes etc cut in half can keep cats away from areas you don't want them to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now