Talk

Advanced search

To ask if it's normal for children to change their minds about presents after you've painstakingly queued, searched and googled your way to try and secure their festive happiness (lighthearted)

(43 Posts)
CherryChasingDotMuncher Sat 24-Dec-16 21:23:50

DD likes to watch those bloody daft videos on YouTube (I know but I need to keep her occupied when I clean/shower/do other stuff) where kids open giant plastic eggs that are full of smaller eggs/tubs that are full of overpriced crap.

Her 'main' present tomorrow is one of these from us, the giant plastic egg cost a fortune from eBay and I have traipsed round various toy shops and perused the World Wide Web since October to find the Fashems, blind bags, and various other bits of tat that are always on these videos.

I now have a lovely full egg worth about £50 sitting under the tree. Today she declared that's fashems and blind bags are a bit rubbish and she wants a fecking yo-yo from Santa.

Are they all bloody like this? And WIBU to put said DD on EBay to try and recoup the costs of this sodding egg grin

Disclaimer: I put lighthearted in the title so you aren't allowed to flame me winkgrin

mamatiger83 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:27:22

Yes inevitably this happens to us all I feel your pain op

HarryPottersMagicWand Sat 24-Dec-16 21:28:05

Oh dear. fgrin I bet she will still love it.

Not as such but after I had got all DDs presents, suddenly the only thing she was asking for every time she saw FC or wrote a letter, was a bloody Scooby Doo leap pad game. This had never been mentioned before and at first I ignored it. After the millionth (what felt like) time I realised that she was going to be hugely disappointed. Thankfully her birthday is after Christmas so I've done some rejigging and got her the game. If she doesn't play with it I won't be impressed fgrin.

Masketti Sat 24-Dec-16 21:28:54

Last year just before Christmas DD met Santa and COMPLETELY changed her ideas!!! Managed to get one of the new things. Grrrrrrrr.

YouTheCat Sat 24-Dec-16 21:29:38

I always told mine the list was set in stone once Santa had received it.

Piratefairy78 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:32:11

DS is 10. And has decided he wants to test if Santa is real so has asked for a specific type of Lego. It costs about £15. Great. It's not released until January. Apparently if Santa is real he could get it. An IOU won't cut it either. FFS!!!

gaggiagirl Sat 24-Dec-16 21:34:53

DD has asked for only trolls. She asked this yesterday. There isn't a single troll thing in her presents. Bollocks.

Gymnopedies Sat 24-Dec-16 21:37:48

Oh, DS loves those videos... Potters away to look at giant eggs.

CazM2012 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:47:30

DD2 has asked for over a month repeatedly for a peppa pig scooter, every santa and list/letter has mentioned this scooter, it was bought on Monday. This morning she comes out with I want a frozen scooter shock

EZA15 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:48:31

DD sees something new on those bloody videos and declares 'I really want that piece of shite (not actual words) it's the only thing I want, it's the best thing in the whole world and the only thing I've asked Santa for' erm....it's not the only thing you've asked for and shit I've got you nothing like it. This morning it was a tea set she was declaring her love for. A bloody tea set. (I did actually manage to find one on a last minute dash to Tesco's for some milk!)Kill me now

SovietKitsch Sat 24-Dec-16 21:51:03

DD has been asked for a (toy) horse for the whole of December. I bought it yesterday, DH asked her last night what FC was bringing her for Christmas "a scooter!" She says grin

user1477282676 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:51:08

Yes. My DD has done this for years...she's 8 and this year, about a month ago, I told her that I needed her FINAL list. Adding that there would be no mind changing after it was handed over. She seemed to understand.

SovietKitsch Sat 24-Dec-16 21:51:12

*asking

slightlyglitterbrained Sat 24-Dec-16 21:54:52

DS (4) hasn't caught on to the idea of a Christmas list or asking Santa for something particular yet.

Would I BU to try to spin this out until he's, say, 18 or so?

Gardencentregroupie Sat 24-Dec-16 21:59:04

DD isn't overly au fait with the santa thing yet, she's 2, but in the early summer she was mad for paw patrol. Late summer she completely rejected it, fell in love with Peppa and Thomas (actually she's always liked thomas), stropped if I tried to put paw patrol on tv. Santa has brought her Thomas Megabloks and a Peppa plane. What has she mainlined for the last 3 days whilst ill? Bastarding Paw Patrol. Over and over again. Nothing else will do.

Bah pissing humbug!

Rosa Sat 24-Dec-16 22:03:05

Cherry if only you had posted sooner I have an empty plastic egg that falls out if the cupboard every time... DRives me mad .

Christmassnake Sat 24-Dec-16 22:03:30

Mine said today he has asked Santa in a letter for a racing bike....great.first I've fucking heard of it..

gamerwidow Sat 24-Dec-16 22:03:51

Once the list goes to santa there is no mind changing it is too late! I learnt this when DD announced to santa she wanted a skateboard that had been previously completely unmentioned a few days before Christmas one year.

TheABC Sat 24-Dec-16 22:06:52

Mine's only 3 and only just aware of santa. We bought him a metre high dinosaur on the basis that if he Hayes the toy, he will still love the box it came in...

TheABC Sat 24-Dec-16 22:07:18

*hates. Bloody phone.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 24-Dec-16 22:09:50

DD knows that Santa (and mummy and daddy) know what she really wants, and that might not be the same as what she asks for/writes on list...

MoodyOne Sat 24-Dec-16 22:12:18

This was on Facebook the other day hmm I think it's normal x

Amithenormalone Sat 24-Dec-16 22:13:42

My 2 and 3 year olds both told nana they want a bloody dog. Not heard nothing about a dog till today and to be honest we ain't getting no bloody dog haha. Hopefully the dog will be forgotten about once morning arrives smile

Believeitornot Sat 24-Dec-16 22:15:10

I've told my two that they might not get what they want from santa. Because I know full well they won't grin

hettie Sat 24-Dec-16 22:18:30

Both DC's have asked for snorlax cuddly toys.... They have failed to turn up from Amazon/Japan... This evening dd was all excited about Santa because he's bringing the snorlax sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now