Talk

Advanced search

To expect more Christmas cards from the kids classmates?

(16 Posts)
OopsDearyMe Sat 24-Dec-16 19:57:44

It just dawned on my that, out of three kids we sent nearly 90 Christmas cards out and received just ten bk?

Its not a massive deal, but one place I thought cards were still big was at school, anyone else notice similar or is it just us?

Keeptrudging Sat 24-Dec-16 20:00:09

Our school have encouraged children to do a class card instead of individual ones. Firstly because it's more eco friendly, and secondly to reduce pressure on children who may not be allowed/have the money to give cards.

IlsaLund Sat 24-Dec-16 20:02:18

Is it possible that they left them in school - I went in to sort out my classroom earlier this week and picked up piles of cards that had been left in the classroom and cloakroom

viques Sat 24-Dec-16 20:03:18

They are probably in their trays, or they opened them and left them on the table.

That is a really good idea trudging. I hope more schools adopt it next year.

RoseGoldHippie Sat 24-Dec-16 20:10:10

secondly to reduce pressure on children who may not be allowed/have the money to give cards

^^This, I went to a school with a very broad religious attendance and we were very discouraged from doing individual Christmas cards because of this.

Happy holidays all around was the general messsage for our school. Actually it was quite nice as everyone felt included, regardless of religious background.

TheTroubleWithAngels Sat 24-Dec-16 20:12:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OopsDearyMe Sat 24-Dec-16 20:12:25

Ooh I like the eco friendly thing, might use that next year to save on cards. It only niggles coz I spent ages sitting DS down to write the bleeding things.

I bet they are all in his tray actually!!!!

kilmuir Sat 24-Dec-16 20:14:22

My children don't send any

BIgBagofJelly Sat 24-Dec-16 20:19:06

I completely forgot this year blush. My DS's class all seem to do cards AND (sometimes homemade) gifts. Better up my game next year!

Basicbrown Sat 24-Dec-16 20:19:08

Yabu

Your children sent lots of Christmas cards - how kind. Other people prioritise time differently and their DC didn't - so what? Is your way right and everyone else wrong. ?

HarryPottersMagicWand Sat 24-Dec-16 20:20:55

Depends really, my year 1 child sent to the whole class but I noticed she got less than half back but my year 4 child sent 9 to his closest friends for the first time instead of the whole class but he got a lot more back (which he then felt bad about not sending more so is changing his mind next year). I know they have all their cards as they all go into a postbox in each class and collected together and given out during the last week of term so not one gets dribs and drabs to be left behind and its also not obvious who has got more than others.

DS's class have always been more for many sending to the whole class, DD's class won't be. I leave it up to them who them want to send to.

FeckinCrutches Sat 24-Dec-16 20:21:42

90 cards?? More fool you!

wornoutboots Sat 24-Dec-16 20:32:46

my kids gave everyone in their classes a candy cane instead.

dementedpixie Sat 24-Dec-16 20:36:17

My primary school ds didn't send any this year (didn't want to) and dd is at secondary school and they don't seem to do them anyway

BackforGood Sat 24-Dec-16 20:36:48

YABU to think people want to send cards to everyine in the class. If you choose to, that's your perrogative, but I presume you do so because you want to, not so you can get thpem back.

UnicornPee Sat 24-Dec-16 21:06:01

I can't actually believe this is a thread. Talk about first world problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now