Talk

Advanced search

To hate Christmas!

(9 Posts)
Stingray2008 Sat 24-Dec-16 18:13:51

Dont get me wrong i like seeing family but other than that its just shit. Every year dp just moans about how its a load of old rubbish which then puts the kids in a bad mood. None of my children belive in father christmas (even my 6yr old) and im expected to do everything. This year we where meant to be going to dps mums but it was sprung on me two days ago that its now round ours. She is sorting the food but still means im not only sorting everything else but cleaning the house too. Im just fed up with it all.

Am i the only one who doesnt like it?

Birdsgottafly Sat 24-Dec-16 18:20:08

It's unfair of your DP to do that, it makes it all about him and how he feels. My Mum did similar, even as an adult I hated being around her, at Christmas, because of it.

She died just before Christmas last year and the one thing that was a positive, was that I (we/family) could shop/celebrate without "the spectre in the room".

It's true that it's all about how much pressure you put yourself under and what you accept from everyone else in your household (over 7).

Poole5 Sat 24-Dec-16 18:21:47

Just don't celebrate it

Don't be a martyr

ilovesooty Sat 24-Dec-16 18:23:13

So why do you put up with being expected to do everything?

HecAteAllTheXmasPud Sat 24-Dec-16 18:23:18

I wouldnt like christmas if i had to suffer that either!
You can always change it.
Dont let him suck the joy out of it.

Manumission Sat 24-Dec-16 18:25:07

Is he always such a missog?

Ginmakesitallok Sat 24-Dec-16 18:27:47

You don't have a Christmas problem, you have a dp problem!

Stingray2008 Sat 24-Dec-16 18:29:54

Every year hes like it its so irritating. Then again hes like it with other things sometime too

Manumission Sat 24-Dec-16 18:32:25

What a miserable way to live

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now