Talk

Advanced search

To ask for help for a short haircut?

(6 Posts)
RocketBaba Sat 24-Dec-16 17:57:09

I'm fed up of having enough hair to stuff a pillow and drying it!

It's always been the easy option for styling though as my hair is very very thick, quite coarse and straight with slight kinks (i.e. Bad hair!). Everything short seems to stand on end.

Aibu to use traffic on here to find out if anyone had made this work???

ChipInTheSugar Sat 24-Dec-16 17:59:59

You need a good, nay, AMAZING hairdresser! What area are you in and maybe someone can recommend one. It will need thinning, and all sorts of other hairdressery terms - shattering, texturising ......

RocketBaba Sat 24-Dec-16 18:04:01

Oh dear. This is why it's long! Will it be a nightmare to maintain and a mad idea?

DJBaggySmalls Sat 24-Dec-16 18:06:17

How fast does it grow? I love short hair and its really suits my face, but need to have it trimmed every 4 weeks.

ChipInTheSugar Sat 24-Dec-16 18:07:24

I have to wash mine every day, but takes 4 mins to dry, and a minute to straighten little bits and put wax on.

Contrast that to it taking 45 minutes every other day to wash, dry, straighten ....

Obviously needs trimming more often, but it's my only vice grin

RocketBaba Sat 24-Dec-16 18:10:35

It grows pretty fast, it's just hit my bra strap whilst I took my eye off the ball. My roots look awful, think flat against head with weight then wedge ends, I want off! I just don't know how to tackle it other than mum bun until I die

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now