Talk

Advanced search

to be upset

(17 Posts)
frazzledatchristmas Sat 24-Dec-16 08:57:47

I don't think ibu but I just want to vent.

I asked my husband to get me some treats at the shops this morning for breakfast tomorrow (Nutella etc) and he said no that we had enough crap in the house hmm and started to lecture me in eating healthily

I then told him I didn't need said lecture etc.

He then went off on one calling me bone idle and lazy. FWIW I work full time and juggle that, running a house and DC and find myself under quite a bit of stress due to all of it so to call me bone idle and lazy just makes me fucking furious.

I've also been to the doctor about my mental health due to said stress and a particular aspect that's suffering due to being under pressure and stress. My husband started to bring that up in an almost mocking way.

I'm tired, worked to the bone and just a bit frazzled and this has really upset me. sad

I don't even know why I'm posting here.

JennyHolzersGhost Sat 24-Dec-16 09:01:52

He sounds like a charmer. Maybe you'd feel less stressed if you got rid of him ?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 24-Dec-16 09:02:50

Bolt the door behind him.

lilyboleyn Sat 24-Dec-16 09:03:35

Yanbu. My husband also lacks a sensitive bone.
Get thyself to the shops, buy much more than he would have done and stash it under your side of the bed for secret snacking.
And also, no Christmas sex for him.

00Salix00 Sat 24-Dec-16 09:04:50

He's lecturing about eating healthy at Christmas? Good grief, it's one day!
I doubt you're intending to devour an entire jar of Nutella in one sitting.
Throwing your mental health in your face, and potentially mocking it, is never ok.
I suppose he could be stressed too, but that's no excuse to pick a fight with you.

Go buy your own Nutella and don't share any with the miserable toad!

Merry Christmas btw.

yorkshapudding Sat 24-Dec-16 09:08:01

So to summarise, in one brief exchange he has attempted to control what you eat, patronised you with a lecture on healthy living (at bloody Christmss FFS!), insulted you and mocked your struggles with your mental health. Is he always this delightful??

YANBU. He sounds insufferable. No wonder you're so stressed flowers

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 24-Dec-16 09:08:36

Sounds like a poisonous atmosphere, is he going to keep that up all holiday?

XiCi Sat 24-Dec-16 09:10:15

I guarantee that your stress and anxiety would improve if you got rid of that waste of space. He sounds a horrible man

BIgBagofJelly Sat 24-Dec-16 09:14:15

YANBU. Everyone can eat WTF they like for breakfast on christmas day and he sounds like a massive dick.

Happyinthehills Sat 24-Dec-16 09:20:16

What's he for?
All you wanted was treats at Christmas?
YA so NBU
That's so horrible. He'd lose his present for that in this house.

Trifleorbust Sat 24-Dec-16 09:30:51

He sounds horrible. You don't need his permission to eat Nutella - go out and get it yourself and then eat it in front of him. Then tell him to get out and throw the empty jar out after him as a Christmas present.

PandoraMole Sat 24-Dec-16 09:33:11

I had one of those (not so much the healthy eating, but constantly accusing me of doing sweet FA when like you I was working, running the home etc) ...I'm currently waiting for my decree nisi.

If he's not generally a dickhead, then crack on by all means, but if he is, all I'll say is that the thinking about and planning to leave on and off for years was a hell of a lot worse than the actually doing it.

flowers wine

Kirriemuir Sat 24-Dec-16 09:33:21

Oh frazzled. I'd be off out to get myself something nice from the shops. What a muppet he is.

Donthate Sat 24-Dec-16 09:36:26

What a charmer. Go and buy what you want. Is he always so horrible?

TheTantrumCometh Sat 24-Dec-16 09:37:32

Well, I think you've found the root of your problem! If you're so stressed (and I believe you are, that's not in question) what exactly does he do? Parenting, running the kids round, taking care of the house, cooking? Etc

Is that all down to you, too?

ohfourfoxache Sat 24-Dec-16 09:38:21

Yanbu - utter cunt

SVJAA Sat 24-Dec-16 09:41:24

Healthy eating on Christmas Day? Twat. YADNBU OP, I'm sorry he's done this to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now