Talk

Advanced search

To think I'm either a massive fail

(9 Posts)
dontbesillyhenry Fri 23-Dec-16 22:59:15

Or just not get how people find time to do Christmas baking etc?

ny20005 Fri 23-Dec-16 23:13:32

I love baking & I do most of mine in the weeks beforehand & freeze it. I still have more to do tomorrow but I'm not stressing about it

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 23-Dec-16 23:18:08

Then I'll join you.

When it comes to baking etc I their. I've planned I've bought ingredients and I'm fidgety if I haven't got something to do because I've cooked everything and fir once I'm organised.

However my house is a shit tip I hadn't realised that going from a 4ft to a 6ft tree would require more decorations than I have and the fact my new tree is not fibre optic means I have to actually buy FUCKING LIGHTS and I haven't got the brain power to figure out wtf a 10 yr old might like means I too am failing miserably. With a sparse tree. In a shit tip.

wine all better after u have some grin

IronMaggie Fri 23-Dec-16 23:24:37

It's not compulsory. How about if you just don't do it? Or is it that you want to, but have had other priorities? Either way, I don't see how anyone could consider that a failure!??

SerialReJoiner Fri 23-Dec-16 23:30:06

No baking here. Don't see that as a fail.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 23-Dec-16 23:34:34

It's not a fail. I bake because I like it, because I have a folder of tried and tested Christmas recipes and because I have accumulated all the gear to make it easy over the years. It wasn't always like this though. Consider it a bonus if you manage some, not a failure if you don't. Shop bought mince pies are delicious in any case.

BarbarianMum Fri 23-Dec-16 23:36:55

Take the week before Christmas off. Slack off the housework. Tell the kids their friends are not allowed in the house that week. Tell your dh he's in charge of all meals till Christmas Eve. Spend your time alternatively baking, cleaning up the kitchen and running to the shop for ingredients you've forgotten. Drink lots of wine

I've just finished mine, except for the chocolate almond bites. <twitches> Yet again swearing that next year we'll buy the lot.

PipersPiping Fri 23-Dec-16 23:39:33

Im with serial, no baking has been or will be done here.

dontbesillyhenry Sat 24-Dec-16 10:17:43

Def taking the week before Christmas off next year having a meddling one year old who is like a mini hurricane hasn't helped Christmas preparations one bit. I was far more organised last year with a three week old fblush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: