Talk

Advanced search

To want this taking off m?

(8 Posts)
cerealnamechangers Fri 23-Dec-16 21:53:38

We have just moved into a rental property and have discovered that the bath and shower water doesn't get above a luke warm temperature! I rang the landlord and asked if there was a problem and asked if he could possible send a plumber out to have a look. He informs me that it is some kind of safety feature in the taps to avoid burns, I said I do not have very young children and could it please be removed, he refused. So am I being unreasonable to not want to bathe and shower in tepid water for the foreseeable future and no more red hot baths angryhmm.

JenLindleyShitMom Fri 23-Dec-16 21:57:35

I'd get a plumber in to take it off. Don't tell LL. Replace before you leave.

SillyBub Fri 23-Dec-16 22:00:08

I can set the hot water temperature via the controls on our boiler. One of the settings is as you've described. Have you had a look there?

cerealnamechangers Fri 23-Dec-16 22:05:14

Thanks Silly, I will have a look.

CalorieCreditEqualsCake Fri 23-Dec-16 22:17:30

I apparently have controls 'set to 40' whatever the fuck that means.

Our water is scalding and we do have kids.

Get your own plumber in.

We're just super super careful.

Fluffyears Fri 23-Dec-16 22:34:27

Yep all new builds have these. Take off bath panel and you should see a valve thing (dead obvious) use an Allen key to turn it to let you get hot water (in 2nd new build so had to do this twice). It's a legal requirement in homes built after a certain date but is a pain in the arse.

cerealnamechangers Fri 23-Dec-16 22:37:50

That must be it because it is fairly new, I will try and look for that, I hope I don't touch the wrong thing and cause a leak!

JenLindleyShitMom Fri 23-Dec-16 22:39:59

OH really? I am in a new build, (less than a year old) and my water isn't leaping hot! I wonder why I don't have it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now