Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed with my ex...

(7 Posts)
daddyorscience Fri 23-Dec-16 20:19:21

She's had DS(4) and DD(7) yesterday/ today.. And DD has just whispered in my ear "it's ok, I know Santa isn't real, mum told me this morning, but we're not to tell DS"...

Yet not a week past, she was giving it all the Santa bit. I'm quite annoyed that she's decided that 7 is "to old to believe" .. Especially this close to the big day.

And mods, if I am a "PBP" or whatever was given as the last reason for a thread closure of mine, it's news to me. I've only ever posted a few times, and never been made aware of any ban? And no, I've never had another ID in here.

cherrycrumblecustard Fri 23-Dec-16 20:21:11

She probably asked her mum who didn't lie but asked her not to spoil it for her little brother. I was a similar age when I twigged. I'd say seven is about right for clicking onto Santa.

daddyorscience Fri 23-Dec-16 20:28:38

Oh, I did say "was it a surprise?".. Answer: "not really, I never could see how he'd fit down the chimney"... She's always been a very logical little bod.. But it's the principle.. Even if she probably did think we were a right pair of buntys for "believing" ourselvesgrin

cherrycrumblecustard Fri 23-Dec-16 20:30:38

What principle? Sorry, I don't understand fsmile

Arfarfanarf Fri 23-Dec-16 20:33:41

She probably asked. They do at that age.
Bad form of your ex not to discuss it with you or at least tell you.
But it sounds like she discussed it well, making sure she knew not to say anything to younger children.
Irritating as it is, it's probably best to just let it go and focus on having a nice christmas

Rainydayspending Fri 23-Dec-16 20:44:21

hmm

daddyorscience Fri 23-Dec-16 20:46:14

By principle, I suppose I mean either forwarning me, as I would her, or suggesting that she rationale out her own opinion, instead of saying a straight denial. Same as I do with religion, style of thing.

I'll be honest, the logical response to my query made me laugh, because it's SO the joint result of us, and exactly as I'd expect.

It is unimportant really... You're right. I said, personally I prefer to believe in the spirit of Christmas, and generally being happy and enjoying people and the atmosphere than the whole Santa bit.. But then I'm a pastafarian, and she's used to me being off the wall..smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now