Talk

Advanced search

To have laughed at this?

(20 Posts)
addstudentdinners2 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:32:17

I have a toddler and live in a small patch of London where there aren't loads of baby/toddler groups so all the mums tend to know each other. There is one woman who is horribly judgmental particularly about food, ie visibly rolls her eyes if she sees anyone give their dc one of those organix carrot snacks, says it's not ok for children to be given wheat or gluten etc etc

Anyway ds and I are sitting in a cafe this morning and she comes in - doesn't see me because I'm sitting round the corner but I could see her just about. She sits down, straps her own toddler into highchair and receives her avocado on (gluten free) toast and begins cutting it up for him.

At which point he screams "I WANT CRISPS! I WANT CRISPS!"

I WNBU to have wet myself laughing was I?

HoHoHammered Fri 23-Dec-16 18:36:01

Some will say you are being unfair

To me that's karma

Merry Christmas

DixieWishbone Fri 23-Dec-16 18:39:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OnTheUp13 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:39:43

That sound like karma in its finest form.

However you ABU to have not filmed it

RunRabbitRunRabbit Fri 23-Dec-16 18:41:55

Imagine when he starts going to parties and goes all haribo crazy.

Cosmicglitterpug Fri 23-Dec-16 18:44:51

Why can't children have gluten? Unless they're intolerant of course. She sounds like a right bore. What part of London is this?
My two bloody love those carrot stix things.

addstudentdinners2 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:49:44

Cosmic I won't say exactly where but SE!

Apparently gluten doesn't digest properly or some such bollocks

She once told me I was setting my ds up for obesity because I gave him a piece of my white toast hmm

UnicornInDMboots Fri 23-Dec-16 18:53:06

Ha yanbu at all! Amazing I would have laughed so much

DoosyFartlek Fri 23-Dec-16 18:54:23

I'm sure a moderate amount of gluten is fine but people seem to eat a lot of cheap refined stuff.

Wolfiefan Fri 23-Dec-16 18:55:50

NOT THE WHITE TOAST!!!!
fgrin
Yep. Karma. Wait until her DC is falling through the door in the early hours holding the remains of a dirty kebab! fgrin

addstudentdinners2 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:59:20

Doosy

You're not her are you grin

MikeUniformMike Fri 23-Dec-16 19:01:34

Nowt wrong with gluten unless you're a coeliac. Eating non-gluten replacements is probably worse for you than eating the thing with gluten.

SVJAA Fri 23-Dec-16 19:03:25

We had one of "those" dads at toddler group, lectured everybody on everything because "he'd done his research". I nearly wet myself laughing when I bumped into him in town and his kid was in the buggy with a Greggs sausage roll and a fruit shoot. I said nothing, just beamed at him grin

MikeUniformMike Fri 23-Dec-16 19:14:52

Gluten is fine. I would suggest watching the amount of wheat a child eats and preferably make it organic. The western diet contains an awful lot of wheat. Toast bread cereal biscuits cakes pasta pizza pastry ...

DameSquashalot Fri 23-Dec-16 19:24:06

I smiled when I read it fsmile

addstudentdinners2 Fri 23-Dec-16 19:24:55

Toast bread cereal biscuits cakes pasta pizza pastry

Sounds like the perfect day to me grin

Kitsandkids Fri 23-Dec-16 19:55:45

When I worked in a nursery one mother who was quite friendly with the manager persuaded her to stop the party teas we held for all children and staff whenever it was a staff member's birthday. These teas usually included a small piece of birthday cake for each child which this mother strongly objected to.

A few weeks after the ban her toddler came to nursery with chocolate cake smeared round her face because they'd been to a party the day before and the toddler had screamed for leftover cake for breakfast that morning. We couldn't believe the mother had made no attempt to wipe it off considering her strong opinions about cake a few weeks previously!

Cosmicglitterpug Fri 23-Dec-16 20:59:33

Jesus, all my kids will eat is wheat based food. And cucumber. fblush

There's a similar vibe up my way in NE London from some parents. With two toddlers, I'm over it.

addstudentdinners2 Fri 23-Dec-16 21:02:26

Anyway the point isn't the validity or not of her opinions it's the fact she's so fucking pushy with them to other people

I eat wheat, I'm ok <shrugs>

BreatheDeep Fri 23-Dec-16 21:09:53

Those organix carrot sticks are gluten free my mum is a coeliac, I'm not one of those weird gluten avoiding mums

YWNBU to laugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now