Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To postpone Christmas day and tell my ex to fuck off?

(94 Posts)
brooklynbaby Fri 23-Dec-16 14:54:52

Posted another thread last night about having norovirus and pretty much being glued to the bathroom floor. I feel absolutely terrible.

Dd's dad was out drinking last night and I asked him to come and look after her today as there's no way I could. He came and took her to nursery and picked her up at 1 - all fine. He's been in a mood with me all day because he's actually had to be a dad for a few hours and is in a mood because I said I can't cook christmas dinner on Sunday - we were supposed to be having a nice day for dd's sake. He's pissed off that I can't pick up the turkey that I ordered because how on earth can I go out in public when I'm contagious and needing the toilet every 5 mins?

He's now leaving and saying that I'm putting on crocodile tears and that I need to man up. What the actual fuck.

AIBU to tell him he's not welcome here on Sunday? I don't want him anywhere near us.

He says he doesn't have to look after dd if he doesn't want to and asked why he should do me any favours.

I'm gobsmacked.

greenfolder Fri 23-Dec-16 14:57:03

Theres a clear reason why hes an ex. Stop trying to play happy families with him. Have xmas at home with dd in the best way you can.

Arfarfanarf Fri 23-Dec-16 15:00:41

Wow.
Well. There's a man who gives not one shit about his child.

I dont think you should play happy families with him again.

CheesesofNazareth12 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:10:57

Give yourself an early present and tell him to fuck off and cook his own turkey.

RuggerHug Fri 23-Dec-16 15:30:59

Before you tell him to fuck off be sure to spit in his mouth/lick his food.

BastardGoDarkly Fri 23-Dec-16 15:35:16

Tenby brooklyn what a fucking twat!
Why can't he pick up the turkey and cook the dinner? He's eating too right?

BastardGoDarkly Fri 23-Dec-16 15:35:49

YWNBU ffs phone!

P1nkP0ppy Fri 23-Dec-16 15:42:01

I'd text him saying 'Thanks for reminding me why you're an ex, clearly no need for you to put yourself out on Christmas Day. Invitation cancelled'

Klaphat Fri 23-Dec-16 15:45:49

He says he doesn't have to look after dd if he doesn't want to and asked why he should do me any favours.

And people say we don't need feminism in the West anymore.

I hope he gets noro and spends Christmas Day shitting through the eye of a needle!

SapphireStrange Fri 23-Dec-16 15:46:19

He's an arsewipe. Of course don't have him over.

Do you have any family/friends who could help out a bit? You and your DD could have a nice Christmas with the two of you. You don't need people like him.

I hoep you feel better soon. thanks

TheSlaughterOfHerodificado Fri 23-Dec-16 15:52:36

Agree with *Rugger

Infect the sod even if you have to give him a long tongue-kiss to do it.

AllOfTheCoffee Fri 23-Dec-16 15:53:14

I personally think you should keep to your plans and invite him over.

I wouldn't lick his food, that's childish. Cleaning it with your tongue prior to serving it is fine.

ShebaShimmyShake Fri 23-Dec-16 15:56:20

Why were you planning on spending a day with this shit anyway?

CheeseCakeSunflowers Fri 23-Dec-16 15:59:22

Well hopefully you will have given him your germs as an early Christmas present.

brooklynbaby Fri 23-Dec-16 16:00:16

He's threatening to take dd on Christmas day if I don't let him come.

What a complete bastard he is.

Wolfiefan Fri 23-Dec-16 16:02:16

Do you have a formal agreement? How can he "take" her? Don't let him in. Seek legal advice.

mysistersimone Fri 23-Dec-16 16:02:54

I would tell him to take a very long walk off a make what ever meal you can manage. You coild just make yourselfs a big roast when you are better. Make the realisation that your ex requires zero consideration your Christmas gift. Hope you feel better soon

mysistersimone Fri 23-Dec-16 16:03:55

Is he on your mortgage? He cannot force entry. What a fucking cockwomble

Hissy Fri 23-Dec-16 16:05:11

Tell him to ftfo, please. He can't take your child. Just lock the door and don't answer it.

You're ill, he's a chocolate fire guard

Enough of him!

pklme Fri 23-Dec-16 16:05:50

So, has he picked up the turkey? Obviously he can't come to dinner if there is no turkey. And he can't come to dinner if there is turkey, because he's a prat.

ShebaShimmyShake Fri 23-Dec-16 16:07:13

He's angry about looking after her but is prepared to kidnap her for Christmas? Why does he want to come? Does he just want a roast dinner made for him?

Hullygully Fri 23-Dec-16 16:08:16

shoot him

brooklynbaby Fri 23-Dec-16 16:09:39

Sounds like he just wants a dinner and a woman to slave over him all day like his mother used to. But his mum can't stand the sight of him any more so I've had to deal with his shit for the last god knows how many years. No more.

ShebaShimmyShake Fri 23-Dec-16 16:14:52

Oh just tell him to fuck off and die. If he wants to do Christmas he can cook the meal himself, otherwise it's not the turkey that needs to get stuffed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now