Talk

Advanced search

Am I right in thinking he's taking the piss?

(4 Posts)
user1482501331 Fri 23-Dec-16 14:05:15

So my partner went on his works Christmas do last night straight from work. Both kids were off school (6 and 2) so I had the for most of the day - my dad looked after them for an hour or two whilst I braved the Christmas crowd and finished present shopping.

My partner walks.....well stumbles in at around 10 after falling sleep on the bus in his drunken stupor. I packed him straight off to bed with a glass of water as he was up at 6 the morning after for work again.

So today up he gets and off to work feeling slightly worse for wear. Me and the kids had the pleasure of Christmas food shopping - with no parents to rely on today we all had to go. Absolutely stressy nightmare!! Glad to laugh it off now we are back home.

So when I spoke with my partner just after lunch he tells me he's going for a drink after work as that's him done for Christmas now. I have to admit I got slightly arsey with him as I'd just had the morning from hell!

Am I right to be pissed off slightly?! I'm not sure whether I should be or if it's just the terrible morning talking! Any advice greatly received.

Cherrysoup Fri 23-Dec-16 14:13:26

I think he's taking the piss, tbh. My DH got up at midday after having come off nights this morning me has gone out to get last minute food. Had he gone off for drinks with work, I'd be tamping!

user1482501331 Fri 23-Dec-16 14:27:48

Yeah I thought it wasn't just the post Christmas shopping rage coming out. Suppose we'll see if he does actually go out in the end

Angelik Fri 23-Dec-16 14:29:52

Hmm tricky one. Can i ask if you have the opportunity to go out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now