Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anyone else has had trouble with Savvibuy)

(35 Posts)
LouisvilleLlama Fri 23-Dec-16 13:56:16

My DM has had issues with them she ordered presents mid November that were pushed to mid December then today, and nothing looking online seems atleast a couple 1000 people have been caught out especially for Hatchimals it seems. Looking into it the last few days since she told me as she started to get worried has been awful

superbugged Sat 24-Dec-16 10:20:04

Yes, we have had the same problem. It seems savvibuy is a scam. Read the reviews on trust pilot and have a look of the Facebook page.
Thousands of people have had their money taken and nothing delivered.
Generic emails with delivery dates and updates have been sent to everyone.
But I'm not sure anyone has ever received anything from them.
Luckily we are only £16 down but that's not the point.
Sorry, but I doubt your DM will get he things she has ordered.
I don't know how they are getting away with it.
If you call them it's just a voice message and does not seem legit at all.

anniefradg15 Sat 24-Dec-16 20:31:33

Yes we have not received our order either and it cost £447.00 furious we will have a very unhappy daughter in the morning

superbugged Sat 24-Dec-16 20:50:47

Annie that is gutting. I am so sad for you and your DD.flowersflowers
Have you tried emailing them for a refund?
I don't have much hope for it. But for such a large amount it is worth a try. I know some companies take money and put it in a high interest account and that is how they make their money. Then can refund customers but still have the profit from how long they have held onto a huge volume of money.
Could you try a claw back from your bank or credit card provider?
Even possibly action fraud?
As that really is what this is.
I called the phone line earlier and it was a joke. Two recorded messages and no other option.

wasonthelist Sat 24-Dec-16 21:11:33

This is the HQ of the company that owns Savibuy

www.google.com/maps/place/40+Tweedale+Street+Rochdale+Lancashire+OL11+1HD/@53.6098875,-2.1583781,3a,75y,331.87h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOKVdqLcqrqFFgMVSzKwozA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xde7849d8ff908aa!6m1!1e1

wasonthelist Sat 24-Dec-16 21:12:24

ADDRESS
AdvanceTec UK Ltd trading as SavviBuy
40 Tweedale Street
Rochdale
Lancashire
OL11 1HD

Passmethecrisps Sat 24-Dec-16 21:14:07

I was just talking to someone the other day who was concerned about this having ordered something.

Some people do get compensation but that doesn't make Christmas any nicer with missing presents - what an awful thing to do

anniefradg15 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:21:59

Yes I have been ringing all yesterday and today , and same 2 messages ,just emailed to cancel order and want a refund, will also contact fraud and bank, thank you for your reply xxx

Vjw69 Sat 24-Dec-16 22:58:33

Hi I also have been ripped off by savvibuy, I ordered my daughter a fit bit watch and it's been delayed so I rang today and got an automated message saying it will be delivered by end of day on 24th Dec..still nothing! I've had to tell my daughter her present will be late and now I'm concerned it won't turn up at all! Anyone actually had their order arrive?

DesolateWaist Sat 24-Dec-16 23:06:02

How dreadful.
How do people who run places like this sleep at night.

HickDead Sat 24-Dec-16 23:12:42

I really feel for everyone caught up in this, it's truly disgusting! I ordered a hatchimal off them but got cold feet after a money saving page on Facebook started questioning their legitimacy. I cancelled pretty quickly and got my money back.

I really hope they get done for fraud as they have seemingly done this before.

caroldecker Sat 24-Dec-16 23:45:55

Company director and shareholder:

Chaudhary Numan Ahmed

accounts

DesolateWaist Sun 25-Dec-16 01:36:14

They had the nerve to post a Happy Christmas tweet. Reading the replies is interesting.
mobile.twitter.com/SavviBuy/status/812588686789529601

gaggiagirl Sun 25-Dec-16 01:43:22

I nearly made a massive purchase with them last week, the only thing that stopped me was needing the items sooner than they could deliver.
The Twitter replies are very telling.

ophiotaurus Sun 25-Dec-16 03:18:15

That's awful. Can you get in touch with Watchdog?

LouisvilleLlama Sun 25-Dec-16 03:29:02

Sorry I wrote this off as no replies for hours after starting will read now

LouisvilleLlama Sun 25-Dec-16 03:33:47

My DM is about £670 down I think... yesterday the fb page and owners FB page went down the Savvibuy one Isback up. I doubt they expected it to work this well as it's so many people ( a FB group has 2500 members) and has got attention from media etc. no idea how people can do it, it's so disheartening and ruthless that they still keep up the pretence. Some are having luck going through the bank, from Savvibuy themselves is a lottery. They've been reported to action fraud

cloetetope Sun 25-Dec-16 09:43:54

I am just as disheartened I bought a laptop for my 9 year old granddaughter and Fitbit for my husband and had the same happen to me. Was getting worried about this got the same email as you all. Phoned also got the answering service who did not phone back.
Sent anot email to them got a quick reply from Mario whoever he was that delivery will still be done on the 24th... well Christmas morning and my granddaughter has no present to open from Granny and Grandad.. am gutted and so angry.

Dazza06 Mon 26-Dec-16 13:50:02

Been done too, brought a £179 3ds xl for son that hasn't arrived. Was told 14-18th dec, then got told guarantee 23rd then 24th all by recorded message . You can't even talk to anyone. Today recorded message is saying 3-6th jan !!!

BanjoPier Mon 26-Dec-16 14:16:55

I got scammed as well. Ordered Hatchimal on 22 November for £60. Delivery promised between 6th-12th December, then the 15th, then the 23rd. Cancelled order on 19th December. No refund yet but taking it up with cc company. Can't believe they are saying less than 5% of customers affected. That Facebook page has over 2,600 people who've not received orders.

user1482771120 Mon 26-Dec-16 16:57:26

Not happy also waiting for a delivery of an Apply Watch which should have been delivered on Friday, called the number given and was given the same message saying their third party delivery companies were at fault and that the orders would be delivered by the end of the day on the 24th December. Not happy as still waiting and am now concerned that it won't arrive at all!!!!

Dazza06 Tue 27-Dec-16 12:13:12

Got an email from savvibuy this morning saying if i want a refund :
- Contact your bank and request a chargeback.
Rang again this morning and still unable to talk to anyone, again recorded message saying next delivery dates 3rd-6th jan. Also they are blaming 3rd party for goods not delivered !!!!

wasonthelist Tue 27-Dec-16 12:36:52

Their twitter account seems to have gone.

samjp67 Wed 28-Dec-16 19:55:10

I've emailed Watchdog after not receiving a fitbit I had ordered. I will also be ringing my credit card company to get my money back using chargeback.

ScarlettD Wed 28-Dec-16 23:42:53

hi everyone...I also fell for what appears now to be a huge scam, and bought a playstation 4 for my teenage son for £178.00, that, needless to say, has not been delivered when it was supposed to. Received yet another email (vague as they are) with a link to request refund (which I had already done in past few days), and I have just discovered that even the page savvibuy.com is now totally non existent....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now