Talk

Advanced search

For not taking my iron?

(4 Posts)
Iusedtobedontcall Fri 23-Dec-16 13:33:19

I know I probably am. I have anaemia (or at least did on last check) hb was 8.9 I think. I've just had a course of b12 injections too. Just had another blood test and the next day got a letter asking me to make a docs appointment, so I highly suspect I am still anaemic. The thing is, I don't like taking my iron because I quite like getting into bed and sleeping at 8 pm every night. I'm managing to do the stuff I need to do and work etc. But it's so lovely to curl up and sleep and the anaemia makes me sort if pleasantly tired. I have had a bit of a horrid year and had my heart broken, so when I'm in bed I feel safe and warm and cosy. Like no one can hurt me. Not only drip feed, I am on anti depressants, so I am aware that this could be part of the issue. But could it be dangerous not to take my iron regularly? I don't feel too awful and obvs will see what the blood test says.

Iusedtobedontcall Fri 23-Dec-16 13:41:13

*not to drip feed
(can't type!)

eurochick Fri 23-Dec-16 13:44:31

I dont find anaemia has anything to do with sleepiness. It's physical tiredness and breathlessness that I feel.

Iusedtobedontcall Fri 23-Dec-16 13:45:27

I don't sleep necessarily. Just like getting into bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now