Talk

Advanced search

To think i've got double payment this week?

(11 Posts)
suspiciousdelicious Fri 23-Dec-16 10:03:46

Just had a tax credit payment, normally get it on Tuesday and according to the online super modern tax gateway service my ne t payment is still due on Tuesday next week. So my question is... Has anyone else had a double payment this week? Am I richer than I thought or is this next Tuesdays payment in advance? The amount showing in the online thing is slightly different to the payment I just received so I'm optimistic. I'm probably a div for being hopeful but an extra bit of money is always helpful.

I do recall a few years ago there would be a double payment in June but that ended.

EnFlique Fri 23-Dec-16 10:13:06

It will be an early payment as Tuesday is a bank holiday.
Same will happen next week.

EnFlique Fri 23-Dec-16 10:13:51

www.gov.uk/when-is-your-next-tax-credits-payment

LoveFactually Fri 23-Dec-16 10:15:04

Same. It's next Tuesdays payment.

SkySmiler Fri 23-Dec-16 10:15:04

Yep early payment, I got it too

DaisyQueen Fri 23-Dec-16 10:16:17

Mine has gone in today too so no its not an extra payment just an early payment. I personally don't like to get my money early because I think I have spare cash to spend

Frusso Fri 23-Dec-16 10:20:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tinyterrors Fri 23-Dec-16 10:26:10

I got it too. It's a bank holiday on Tuesday so it's gone in early.

kimlo Fri 23-Dec-16 10:38:47

my child benefit was due on tuesday and I got that today because of the bank holiday. My tax credits were also paid today and they aren't due until wedensday.

It wont be an extra payment.

MollyRedskirts Fri 23-Dec-16 10:45:49

Same here - DLA, Carer's Allowance, Child Benefit and Tax Credits all got paid early for us. I transfer it to another account and pretend it's not there so I can't touch it.

MrsMattBomer Fri 23-Dec-16 11:32:19

DS2's DLA was due on Monday but is paid today due to bank holiday. Not that it matters really as it all goes into a savings account for when he needs to buy something.

But yeah, generally anything due on a bank holiday will be paid the last working day before it. So in the case of stuff due on Tuesday you'll get it a whole four days early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now