Talk

Advanced search

No where else to post I'm really lonely

(13 Posts)
thegoodnameshadgone Fri 23-Dec-16 00:23:48

I'm 37. Two close friends from school. One with no kids , one with whose kids have grown up. I feel I have no one to share things with. Anyone want to make friends? Ellesmere

thegoodnameshadgone Fri 23-Dec-16 00:25:26

Not idea where ellesmere was included?? I'm Liverpool sorry xx

Ladybirdbookworm Fri 23-Dec-16 00:30:33

This time of year can often make you feel lonely - please don't think it's just you - you have two friends already from school and that's an achievement in itself . How many of us can really say that we have maintained contact with our school friends .
It's difficult when your lives are taking different directions and you feel you have nothing in common - whereabouts do you live ?

Ladybirdbookworm Fri 23-Dec-16 00:32:00

Oops sorry just realised you said Liverpool .

CrapWreathKeith Fri 23-Dec-16 00:41:34

I'm down south so not much help but have you thought about volunteering op? There are lots of equally lonely people out there, and volunteering is a really good way to make new friends and boost your self esteem.

BoiledSprouts Fri 23-Dec-16 01:02:25

Loneliness is the worst feeling in the world. Have you felt like this for a while, or is it more recent/seasonal?
Hugs.

Zhx3 Fri 23-Dec-16 01:14:02

What are your hobbies, OP?

I recently joined a community choir, the people are really friendly and I look forward to going every week. It's done me the world of good (I can't sing, by the way grin).

There are a few branches in Liverpool, is that something you might be interested in?

butterfly990 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:23:36

there is a website called meetups and it is basically listings of groups of people with similar interests.

www.meetup.com/

LiveLifeWithPassion Fri 23-Dec-16 08:27:08

I second meetup. I've joined a few groups and have had a lovely time. The people have been really friendly.

Starman16 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:32:56

Have you thought of joining the Women's Institute? There's some really fun, vibrant groups in cities now.

A quick Google has shown Liverbirds WI m.facebook.com/LiverpoolLiverbirdsWI/

Or pop your postcode in to the main WI site for others near you www.thewi.org.uk/

Marmalady75 Fri 23-Dec-16 08:34:50

I don't have any friends from school or university. I've made and lost friends a lot of the years (changing jobs, moving house, lost some when I got married/suffered from depression/had a baby). In some cases we were just at different points in our lives. I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a best friend the way I did when I was at primary school. I've tried joining various groups- for the most part people are friendly enough when you are there, but nobody has become a good friend. I go to toddler groups and it's the same thing. It can get very lonely, but I keep trying. Don't give up hope OP there are lots of nice people in the world looking for friends.

thegoodnameshadgone Sun 25-Dec-16 00:53:36

I tried volunteering for the local age concern around my hours (full time) no joy unfortunately. I think I will try your suggestions - thank you xx

thegoodnameshadgone Sun 25-Dec-16 00:55:40

Play groups marmalady75 - same with me playgroups are great just all seem to have their own cliques. Feel very on the outside lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now