Talk

Advanced search

To wake the baby?

(7 Posts)
Aliveinwanderland Thu 22-Dec-16 23:36:17

DS is 8 weeks old and usually feeds every 2/3 hours day and night. He is a good healthy weight.

He has an awful cold and croup at the minute and has been really poorly. He was last fed at 6:30 and has been asleep since 8pm. Should I wake him to feed? He usually has a bf coughing fit afterwards so it's pretty traumatic but he has never been 5 hours between feeds before!

He slept most of the day today but woke himself every 3 for a feed.

AngryVagina Thu 22-Dec-16 23:37:52

Hmm. I usually would say "never wake a sleeping baby" but under the circumstances he could probably do with the fluids. Any chance of a dream feed?

StiginaGrump Thu 22-Dec-16 23:40:36

Wake him, check his breathing rate and whether he has chest recessions. Needs the fluids either way but any concerns and follow it up asap as a baby feeding 1/3 less over 24 hrs is worrying when they are this little

Aliveinwanderland Thu 22-Dec-16 23:40:42

I think he would wake properly if I feed him because it will make him cough afterwards. He is sleeping peacefully and his breathing sounds good for the first time in a while.

I think he is stating to stir himself so give him abother half hour I think and then wake gently if he hasn't.

MrsBungle Thu 22-Dec-16 23:41:20

Aaah I'm no expert but I think I would try a dream feed.

idontlikealdi Thu 22-Dec-16 23:43:46

I would wake him.

Aliveinwanderland Thu 22-Dec-16 23:49:06

Thank you.

I've scooped him up and he is dream feeding now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now