Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think he shouldn't have said anything at all?

(10 Posts)
LifeAsAPendulousFall Thu 22-Dec-16 22:09:37

DD's dad sent her a Christmas card in the post which was received today. He had written a short note saying that he had hoped to see her before Christmas but he been unwell. He then says that he's going for a checkup in a couple of days but 'it's nothing to worry about'. The rest of the note just asks about how she's doing at school - seriously he spent a third of the card space asking if school is going ok then two thirds saying he's been unwell.

AIBU to think that if it is nothing to worry about then there is no point in mentioning in?

For context DD is 11 and her dad and I have been apart since she was 18 months. Until two years ago we lived in the same rotten as her dad but even then he only saw her three or four times a year (not by my doing - believe me having no family nearby i would have welcomed the break). We moved again this year and, although he knew we were moving, he changed his phone number so I couldn't ring him hmm to tell him our address (not that that would have made a difference to how often we saw him).

When he finally got in touch with us it was on his birthday hmmhmm (despite him not calling DD on her birthday) and telling DD that next year she can send him a card.

He didn't even send DD a present, just the card. As far as I am concerned he can fuck off to the far end of fuck. What was the point in sending the card? !?

LifeAsAPendulousFall Thu 22-Dec-16 22:26:59

Should add that luckily DD doesn't seem phased/concerned but then you never know.

DJBaggySmalls Thu 22-Dec-16 22:30:02

Is he emotionally controlling by any chance?

happymumof4crazykids Thu 22-Dec-16 22:32:26

What a self centred knob!

amammabear Thu 22-Dec-16 22:34:49

My ex keeps telling the kids things like that too

QueenyLaverne Thu 22-Dec-16 22:36:53

* fuck off to the far end of fuck.*

^^This - Big LOL grin

Cherrysoup Thu 22-Dec-16 22:37:04

I would totally ignore him. I'll lay money on him not paying maintenance too.

LifeAsAPendulousFall Thu 22-Dec-16 22:46:29

Cherrysoup BINGO grin

He does pay but only via a DEO .... It's changing in April to the CMS but I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle chasing him.

I'm glad others think he's an arrestor as well to do that and it is not just me in my biased hatred of him.

LifeAsAPendulousFall Thu 22-Dec-16 22:48:47

FFS ARSEHOLE not arrestor hmm

May have had a couple of wine this evening.

KnittedBlanketHoles Thu 22-Dec-16 22:56:25

He's an arse, it's all about him isn't it. Fancy getting back in touch on good birthday to tell her she can have the pleasure of sending him a card yet next year... Arsehole.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now