Talk

Advanced search

To be quite pissed off?

(28 Posts)
SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 19:49:10

Had plans to meet friend after work today. Been working flat out and managed to swing a 5pm finish which never happens so stayed out (I live in London) to xmas shop. She is a student and works PT but said she'd be finished by 6ish and would message. I messaged her with my location and only just got a text apologising and saying her phone had died at work so she's gone home but am I around tomorrow?

I'm not, I'm going away! Also my time is precious - I'm studying and working a crazy hours job, I'm pissed off she didn't tell me and was so cavalier with arrangements.

What can I say back? Am I overrracting???

StealthPolarBear Thu 22-Dec-16 19:50:28

Were you meeting her to Christmas Shop? Yanbu

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 19:51:02

No to eat dinner - purposely saved myself. I'm really annoyed

UnicornInDMboots Thu 22-Dec-16 19:51:29

Nah yanbu . Even if she had found a computer she could have logged onto fb and messaged you or something ! Not fair

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 19:51:48

What should I say?

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 19:52:16

Would have just gone home three fucking hours ago otherwise - and eaten dinner!

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 19:53:18

I do get it but I am out of house 8-7 every day, she studies 4 hours a week. What a piss take. She hasn't even offered to come back out...

lovelearning Thu 22-Dec-16 19:54:44

Am I overrracting???

No.

What should I say?

Tell her that you were inconvenienced and how it made you feel.

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 19:56:34

But in fairness to her her phone died...

lovelearning Thu 22-Dec-16 20:01:53

a text apologising and saying her phone had died at work so she's gone home but am I around tomorrow?

She ought to have been grovelling.

It's disrespectful to keep people waiting.

Owllady Thu 22-Dec-16 20:05:09

That's really crap of her

DierdrePewtey Thu 22-Dec-16 20:07:10

Phone died is a shit excuse. Did no one she work with have a charger?

SharingMichelle Thu 22-Dec-16 20:10:21

Reply:
Omg I've been out in town killing time for 3 hours until we meet up. I could have been home hours ago. Can't believe you didnt get a message to me! Sorry- not free tomorrow. See you in the new year.

newmummyagain Thu 22-Dec-16 20:10:41

I would have been very annoyed too, i really dislike being let down.

Unfortunately it happens a lot now. Before mobile phones then arrangements were solid. You arranged where to meet and you were there early.

Now arrangements are often half hearted and not settled in people's minds until they confirm nearer the time. It's really frustrating. Sorry.

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 20:11:57

This is what I sent: Ah ok, kinda a shame as I finished work early and stayed out on purpose - these things happen though! Sorry I'm going to Devon tomorrow and not back until nye 😕

gamerchick Thu 22-Dec-16 20:15:02

A very British reply grin

lovelearning Thu 22-Dec-16 20:18:13

SaltySeaDogs, if you value your friendship with this woman, you have to be honest with her.

"I waited for three hours. I was hungry. I got exceedingly annoyed at being kept waiting so long."

JellyOnIcecream Thu 22-Dec-16 20:18:49

I think your reply is too polite, depends how much you value her as a friend of course, but telling her she's out of order would have been a good thing.

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 20:37:47

She's replied saying sorry again - I want to reply and say I'm pissed off! Help!

Reality16 Thu 22-Dec-16 20:42:19

Oh god I would have totally told her how annoyed I was.

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 22-Dec-16 20:46:00

Personally, I'd ignore her reply, as it sounds like she's waiting for you to say "that's ok" or similar.

Your text was v polite though, (maybe a little too polite). I wouldn't waste any more time on it. She was flakey and rude not to get a message to you somehow. I'd have been peeved too. Phone dying is a rubbish excuse. It's easy to make sure your phone is charged before you go out (unless it's faulty I guess).

gamerchick Thu 22-Dec-16 20:48:24

Nooo don't reply, that will speak better than any words.

Foxysoxy01 Thu 22-Dec-16 21:04:08

You could reply something like...

'tbh I'm pretty pissed off and hungry right now, I'm sure I'll get over it but going home to eat. Will see you at some point in the new year'

Then just ignore anything else she sends till after you get back.

SaltySeaDogs Thu 22-Dec-16 21:21:44

I sent this:

Yeah ok but didn't hear from you at all since 3 so purposely didn't eat/make other arrangements as we had plans - then stayed out for three hours after work only to see your text saying you'd gone home, bit frustrating tbh. Will see you in the new year!

Milkand2sugarsplease Thu 22-Dec-16 21:28:13

Very rude of her IMO.

Either ask to borrow a charger or text you once she realised her phone was getting low and wouldn't last. Not difficult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now