Talk

Advanced search

Left by roadside for nearly 4 hours by Drive365

(14 Posts)
LetdownbyDrive365 Thu 22-Dec-16 18:31:43

Am bloody fuming (namechange obvs, but I am a longtime MNr).

DS broke down in my car today. I have cover with this bunch of jokers. Called it in at 1430 and told 90 mins for recovery (says 60 on website, but it's Xmas so fair enough). Advised they'll call when en route.

DS called at 1530 for an update; he was promised a callback that never came.

I have spent nearly 2 hours trying to resolve. Was told they couldn't give me an update, there was no one I could speak to etc.

At 1650 the recovery truck driver called to say he'd just set off and was an hour at least away hmm.

At 1750 he called (still en route) to say he'd not realised DS wasn't on his own and he only had 2 seats (like it was my problem).

I then had to make another call to get Drive365 to confirm they'd cover taxi cost, which they said they would. Ridiculous.

I've had no apology, just a lot of it's not my problem.

HerBluebiro Thu 22-Dec-16 18:47:51

I had similar from the aa

In winter. A lone female. Unsightly section of motorway.

They are all stretched this time of year

StripeyDeckchair Thu 22-Dec-16 18:48:52

I was with them, someone close had recommended them.

Was.

When I needed them as something went wrong 350 miles from home they were totally crap & the whole incident cost me ££ & masses of time.

Read the small print before you buy.
Go with one of the big companies.

LetdownbyDrive365 Thu 22-Dec-16 18:55:15

This was all covered, there's nothing that could have alerted me to how utterly shit they are, other than that the cover was cheap.

I live in London, well outskirts. This happened a mile from Bluewater. According to the recovery bloke (who has also tried to have me over by insisting on taking the car to Kwik Fit) his employers said to Drive365 that recovery would take 3 hours, so clearly they should have used another breakdown co. As it is they've sat or 3 hours in the cold, they're not long 18.

I've not had a single apology.

AdmiralCissyMary Thu 22-Dec-16 18:58:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LetdownbyDrive365 Thu 22-Dec-16 19:01:55

It's appalling.

I've only had a car since last year, so I've never had to deal with any of this before. Can't believe how awful it all is, or that this is common. Even worse if it's someone on their own or with little DC.

Chopchopbusybusy Thu 22-Dec-16 19:08:44

I was similarly let down by the RAC last week. Really shitty service. I'd love to know if there is a breakdown service with a good reputation.

akpounce Thu 22-Dec-16 19:12:53

We use Green Flag and they have always been good. Haven't needed to call them from the side of a motorway but they came out on boxing day last year and always within an hour.

sohelpmegoad Thu 22-Dec-16 19:23:58

I had the RAC get to me on the motorway within the hour when I broke down with an 8 week old and a toddler, they also sent the police within 10 minutes to sit with me till they turned up, as I wasnt able to leave the car, with the children and they were concerned as it was dangerous.
Maybe it wasnt a busy time though

tinyterrors Thu 22-Dec-16 19:57:00

It was quicker than Green Flag a few years ago. We were stranded in the middle of nowhere for 18 hours. We broke down on a country road in the evening on the way home from a day out, called Green Flag who said they'd get someone out asap. We had hardly any mobile signal and there were no houses for miles. We ended up stranded till 10am the next morning when the recovery truck got to us. The recovery bloke couldn't understand why they hadn't called him the night before as he could have been there in half an hour.

LetdownbyDrive365 Thu 22-Dec-16 20:50:13

This really shouldn't have been that busy a time, and we are in a very busy area, like I say it was almost in sight of Bluewater.

I think leaving people stranded for that long is awful, and the fact they think they can do it, and don't even bother to keep you informed is even worse.

In my case, this was inflamed by the call centre lowlife telling me I had no cover and wasn't entitled to a recovery anyway hmm which was utter bollocks he was just too lazy or stupid to check my details properly. And when he did then find the details there wasn't even the slightest apology.

They should be shut down.

Pixel Thu 22-Dec-16 23:25:30

I've been with Motoring Assist for years and have never waited more than half an hour, even one time when I was stranded in a snowy carpark. Would definitely recommend. Some people might be put off by the fact that you have to pay up front if you have to get towed but they reimburse you the money very quickly.
None of my family will ever go with the AA after they bashed up my dad's caravan and then tried to deny it!

BlackeyedSusan Fri 23-Dec-16 00:22:36

green flag have been brilliant. The only problem we had was they took a while to get to us once, as the bridge was closed and they had to drive the long way round in a gale. just over their 60 minute estimate.

purpleporpoise Fri 23-Dec-16 00:34:39

Last time I needed breakdown it was after an accident via my insurance. They took an age to get to me, then towed my car and took me to nearest services where I waited an hour for a truck to take me home, along with another bloke who had been dumped there after breaking down 200 miles away from where I was rescued

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now