Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fuck it! 2 gifts! Anyone know of great ideas for an 8-9 year old girl?

(18 Posts)
hungryhippo90 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:04:09

Hi all been a recent shit months, have had to move because of looming eviction, husband Left early Nov, I've really ploughed all of my efforts into work.

I should have got working tax/ child tax credits first payments yesterday, but instead they've asked for more information on my self employment, but payment will not reach me until early January.

It has just hit me that ive only got a few days.

I've been invited to spend Xmas day with my inlaws and ex s ive not got anyone else to spent it with so we dont need to worry about food.

Ex has got her a hatchimal,
MIL has bought a sewing machine (DD requested it in her Santa letter)
I've got her a cheap tablet and a little selection pack
My dad is yet to buy present (I've not taken him due to being so busy with work, and needing to figure out how the money would be best spent.

I'll have £200 that I can pull together. £120 for presents to spread between her birthday and Xmas.

Yep. Boxing Day baby.

Please help!! I just need ideas and where the best deals are.
The gifts on her list are unobtainable. All too expensive this year

Bauble16 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:07:48

Sounds like she has some great stuff so far. How old is DD?

Temporaryname137 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:08:26

www.wickeduncle.co.uk is your friend! you can search by age and some of the things on there are great.

BrieAndChilli Thu 22-Dec-16 11:12:41

8 year old DD loves
Doh Vinci
Shopkins
Any thing crafty
Monster high
Designafriend dolls
Minecraft
Heelies

Narnian Thu 22-Dec-16 11:13:21

I have a 9 year old DD. Some of the smaller stuff she's requested is from Claire's Accessories, the lip gloss/balms are popular amongst DD and her friends. She's also asked for loads of stuff from Smiggle.

Her main present this year is an iPod and I've downloaded music onto it so CDs could be an option, DD is desperate for Now 95.

Lilaclily Thu 22-Dec-16 11:16:23

Yes I was going to suggest smiggle stationery

My dd loves the beano so we've got her the annual
Shopkins
Beados

Maybe a sewing book to go with the machine?

New David wailliams book?

Nineloves1 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:16:51

Yes to wicked uncle. Widen the age range and look for boy and girl items.

lougle Thu 22-Dec-16 11:20:00

The Range do nice, big, soft fleecy blankets in bright colours for £7.99.

The Works are selling the complete set of Dork Diaries for £15 - it's a 10 book set.

A new duvet cover set can be as cheap as £10-12.

Smyths toy store do 2 for £15 on craft activity sets.

Temporaryname137 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:29:04

Nineloves1 - I bought my friend's little boy one of the retro game machines from there; it's like a tiny little space invaders machine from the 80's, but with 250 games on it. he LOVES it.

I am secretly jealous and wondering if I could expand the age range to 39.........

hungryhippo90 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:29:26

Thanks all! She's 8 she would love all of the gifts mentioned! Just a bit of putting to read the list when she's requested an iPhone, the largest teddy bear from toys r us, as well as a new bike, etc, etc!

Squashberry Thu 22-Dec-16 11:38:15

Dds got an electric scooter as main present (was £120 reduced but I've seen them as cheap as £60 reduced at argos). You can get cool kids science kits for about £20. A camera? Maybe a cool pair of shoes and nice top? A voucher for a daytrip (zoo or theme park). Could make her a hamper for a mummy daughter pamper evening- sensitive face masks and bath ball from lush, nail polish, glitter tattoos, dvd and her fave snacks?

Also if ordering online try using the cashback websites and money off codes. I've got £40 in cashback from buying xmas presents which is a lot of money to me.

Willyoujustbequiet Thu 22-Dec-16 11:44:57

3d sequin art
Ever after high stuff
Dc super heros
Sticky mosaics sets
Monster high

Bauble16 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:49:18

Tesco had great bikes reduced. Check home bargains for all the dohvinci, beados, craft sets. You can also get lovely fluffy slippers, those cute animal pillows. Maybe some nice hair things too? I loved it when I was little and my Mam made us each a vanity case with brushes, bobbles, lipbalm, nice kids shampoo.

ofshoes Thu 22-Dec-16 11:52:35

Lego is the best toy for anyone. I wish I was getting some Lego

AlwaysHopeful Thu 22-Dec-16 11:53:47

Same age as my DD. Smyths Toys have 3 for 2 on board games - got junior articulate. Beenie Boos and bits/bobs from Claire's Accessories - also 3 for 2. Fluffy hot water bottle, cute calendar for her bedroom wall - by the end of the year she will have redecorated her room with the pictures! Some fabric and bits/bobs fir her sewing machine so she can make stuff.

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Thu 22-Dec-16 11:53:59

My 8 almost 9 year old is currently playing with her designafriend dolls and car from argos if you are after a 'big' present

Keepingupwiththejonesys Thu 22-Dec-16 12:09:40

OP, I say you mention a huge teddy. If its something she'd really like get to wilkos! They have huge ones, as big as a.child 60 down to 30. They also have some that where 20 pounds down to a tenner which are as big as my quite tall four year old!

Keepingupwiththejonesys Thu 22-Dec-16 12:11:36

Also, my 9 year old neice loves blind bags, mashems and the likes. My local tesco have loads of these reduced to around 97p and its buy 2 get one free. You'd get more than ten for a tenner, would completely fill you dds stocking x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now