Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is this person complaining about (car parks)

(11 Posts)
ShadowMane Thu 22-Dec-16 10:12:06

" Should you not use the few designated car parking spaces, it will cost you £100 fine, or it is called a receipt."

eh? is he saying if you leave your car in the car park, but not in a space they will fine you?

It reads like one of those free man on the land shite people!

"The disabled bays are situated as far away from the stores as they can be, especially if you are shopping at the Co-Op. Little thought went into that, which is obvious.

A disabled person would have a long way to walk with a bagful of shopping back to their car. "

there are 20? spaces around the building? a long way???

www.theargus.co.uk/opinion/letters/14980355.Car_park_warning/?ref=mrb&lp=7#comments-anchor

lurkinghusband Thu 22-Dec-16 10:14:48

The disabled bays are situated as far away from the stores as they can be, especially if you are shopping at the Co-Op. Little thought went into that, which is obvious.

But hardly news sad

YelloDraw Thu 22-Dec-16 10:18:45

I just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that. Local 'news' is such drivel.

YelloDraw Thu 22-Dec-16 10:19:19

Local residents, be careful. Very careful.

SmilingButClueless Thu 22-Dec-16 10:35:57

Hadn't noticed it was from The Argus. I think their entire "news" is made up of various moans, gripes and sad faces.

wasonthelist Thu 22-Dec-16 10:39:18

From that letter -

One might suspect it is close to open revolt.

I seriously doubt it - have you been there? I have.

It sounds as if the correspondent visited the premises and couldn't manage or couldn't be bothered to park properly and got sent a demand for £100 for taking up two spaces - that's my guess.

Now he's trying to paint himself as Che Guevara.

Wolverbamptonwanderer Thu 22-Dec-16 10:39:47

Umm.... Isn't it just a letter to a local newspaper written by someone who
Sounds slightly thick? Why are you even thinking about it?

ShadowMane Thu 22-Dec-16 10:43:57

Umm.... Isn't it just a letter to a local newspaper written by someone who
Sounds slightly thick? Why are you even thinking about it?

hmm

why are 95% of the posts here actually here? I've seen something, and tried to make sense of it, and it held my interest for a moment

DropZoneOne Thu 22-Dec-16 10:50:58

grin so he decided to stop at greggs for a coffee and a sandwich, failed to park properly, got walloped with a £100 fine and has written to the local paper to moan about it?

Am surprised he signed off with his name and not Angry of Peacehaven

Wolverbamptonwanderer Thu 22-Dec-16 11:12:14

I suppose I just don't expect much of people in the first place grin especially local newspaper letters

Silvercatowner Thu 22-Dec-16 11:19:20

The article reads as if it has been written by a 7 year old. 'Blessed by Greggs' made me snigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now