Talk

Advanced search

How do I fake enjoyment

(43 Posts)
Whoamiwhatami Wed 21-Dec-16 23:33:59

At more soap and glory. He's bought a 3 for 2 offer. I happened to come across the boots bag.

I'm still using last year's and he bought me the bumper pack as well as the 3 for 2 last year.

If I have to scrub of my life one more time I'll scream.

CondensedMilkSarnies Wed 21-Dec-16 23:35:33

I thought your Op said 'fake employment ' !

Paddingtonthebear Wed 21-Dec-16 23:35:55

Casually tomorrow mention that it's so weird how you used to love soap and glory but these days it bothers your skin? grin

Hopefully He's got three days to swap it for something else fwink

mylittlephoney Wed 21-Dec-16 23:37:58

Damn I thought it was a sex issue. Just kiss him and say in a deep voice "oh thank you darling."

Whoamiwhatami Wed 21-Dec-16 23:42:11

That won't work as I'm using flake away and a body wash in the bathroom.

Its just lazy present buying. I'd love lovely candle, I've been burning them all week to drop hints.

I've had youth dew and an old ladies handbag in previous years.

Whoamiwhatami Wed 21-Dec-16 23:45:20

I'm expected to fake an orangeasm.

LittleBoat Wed 21-Dec-16 23:45:44

What Paddington said, but tag what you would like on the end of the sentence.

Paddingtonthebear Wed 21-Dec-16 23:47:16

Ok just tell him and put a stop to lazy shit presents!

Resentment breeds!!

00100001 Wed 21-Dec-16 23:49:16

Have you told him what you want?

Leanback Wed 21-Dec-16 23:49:29

I'm preparing for this too op. I've been bought a big set of soap and glory (one of those hamper type things) by the same person every Christmas for god knows how long. I haven't even opened most of the stuff from last year. All because the first year I got it I said I liked the smell.

Just take a deep breath, smile and say 'lovely, thanks'.

leccybill Wed 21-Dec-16 23:49:52

I hope he's at least building Advantage points! That are yours to spend on what you wish....

Whoamiwhatami Wed 21-Dec-16 23:52:21

I've tried, I have the perfume I want because I sent him to buy it.

I've found his other present Disney slippers and there not for the 11 year old as she bought a pair when she went shopping with him.

Silly bugger has pur his bags next to my wrapping pile.

LadyMaryofDownt0n Wed 21-Dec-16 23:52:53

Why haven't you told him what you want?

Bluebolt Wed 21-Dec-16 23:54:35

Let it go this and smile like you did last year but let him know after Christmas that enough is enough. I have teenagers so know I will receive more smellies but I give DP a choice of gifts so will get the surprise of not knowing which item he picked off my list.

Whoamiwhatami Wed 21-Dec-16 23:57:09

I try hence the old lady handbag. I wanted a leather handbag I could use during the day.

Or the year I wanted a tennis bracelet and got stud earrings.

FriendofBill Wed 21-Dec-16 23:57:18

Start the MN Christmas swapping thread

fallenempires Wed 21-Dec-16 23:57:28

OP a bit harsh tbf.He probably thought that you liked it so thought that he'd be lazy buy it again.Some people both men & women go into panic mode at Xmas & grab whatever without much thought as they feel the need to have some sort of gift to give.
Is he usually thoughtful? If so try & remember that,Xmas is just one day & let's face it it's for those little dcs who are still believers not for us adults.
Have you any teens in your life as it could be regifted or used as stocking fillers,my dd & her friends treasure it!

Jellybean83 Thu 22-Dec-16 00:00:38

I love soap & glory, I wish that was the lazy go to present my family went for, which in my case is pyjamas... always ugly ones of course.

fallenempires Thu 22-Dec-16 00:01:34

hahaha just seen the posts re: orangeism & Boots points!fgrin

ThisThingCalledLife Thu 22-Dec-16 00:03:52

maybe he just needs to be told - 'no more soapy/bathing stuff'

Is he usually good at picking up subtle hints like that? Maybe he needs something more overt - like a wish list tucked into his wallet, right next to his bank card?

I'm giggling at your hints though fgrin I'm trying to picture him walking in and saying, "Mmmmmm....the air smells simply DIVINE darling - what is it?" fgrin fgrin

fallenempires Thu 22-Dec-16 00:06:29

Also I'm dying to see what the old lady handbag looks like,is it some kind of Roy Cropper thing?

Whoamiwhatami Thu 22-Dec-16 00:08:21

He probably thinks it's soap and glory.

If he does it in 2017 I'll do a clean get away an become a sexy mother pucker.

ThisThingCalledLife Thu 22-Dec-16 00:08:40

On a more serious note, i know Women & Men's shelters and refuges can always do with donations of personal hygiene and sanitary stuff fsmile

Whoamiwhatami Thu 22-Dec-16 00:09:59

Black organiser handbag with a pocket for everything. My dm with no style said well that was a practical choice.

I was thinking Radley and got sadly.

Whoamiwhatami Thu 22-Dec-16 00:13:48

A similar bag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now