Talk

Advanced search

To feel disappointed that Christmas is practically over according to the shops. I've only just got started!

(9 Posts)
Jydel Wed 21-Dec-16 14:21:49

I ordered a few important bits online last month and am planning to get everything else I need this week. Went shopping this morning and I'm finally feeling a bit christmassy, but shelves were half empty, lots of things marked down and in one shop, admittedly not the most Christmassy (BandQ!), they were clearing all the Christmas stuff out!

The only shop I went in that still felt christmassy was Waterstones, which was brimming with festive cheer still!

sulks

GeillisTheWitch Wed 21-Dec-16 14:24:44

Shops don't want to be left with loads of stock afterwards. It's only 4 days to go, they aren't unreasonable to be reducing stuff to clear now in my opinion.

HallowedMimic Wed 21-Dec-16 14:25:31

Yes, our local big supermarket has sold out of loafs of stuff (own brand mince pies, Mr. Kipling cakes, chocolate puddings, certain tons of biscuits) and apparently won't be having more delivered.

Which is unfortunate, as my big order is due on Thursday

annandale Wed 21-Dec-16 14:25:51

I agree! It's another three days to Christmas Eve, never mind Christmas itself. Apparently you are supposed to finish your Christmas shopping in September, do all the enormous 'preparation' in November and by the middle of December it's all over. All a bit odd.

It does mean that shopping now should be fairly stress free!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 21-Dec-16 14:26:21

Yes, YABU.

Christmas was so last week.

<bites into Easter Egg>

Jydel Wed 21-Dec-16 14:27:51

It's only a couple of days!! I can understand wanting to make sure you have important items that people absolutely must have, but surely you don't do it all at the end of November!

Jydel Wed 21-Dec-16 14:30:41

I imagine it's to do with the HUGE amount of ridiculous Christmas branded stuff. Our local tescos had an enormous Christmas home section with Xmas themed everything, towels, cushions, duvets etc etc. It's all marked down but still not selling. All their stocking fillers are marked down too, which is actually kind of great as I haven't even thought about stockings yet blush

Blobby10 Wed 21-Dec-16 14:32:13

I saw Cadburys Cream Eggs for sales in WH Smith at Beaconsfield Services the other day!!!! They never used to be on sale before January

wasonthelist Wed 21-Dec-16 14:33:07

This is becoming increasingly common for seasonal items and I agree OP, it's a trend I don't like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now