Talk

Advanced search

Talking with food in your mouth

(5 Posts)
Wrinklesandspotstoo Wed 21-Dec-16 13:05:49

It makes me feel sick. - we all had lunch together a while back and she literally did not shut up! It wasn't even a case of talking with her mouth full. She was literally pushing in pizza and talking... so pizza half in hand half in mouth and still chatting away... I was looking at her thinking how tricky that must be to do! Long and short is i excuse myself from group eating because it physically repulses me! What can you say? She's an older lady and I cannot believe she's never been told how stomach churning she is!

user1477282676 Wed 21-Dec-16 13:09:57

Say something! Say "You're going to choke if you talk with your mouth full" then quickly change the subject...

oldestmumaintheworld Wed 21-Dec-16 13:17:52

I hope someone can come up with something suitable to say because I need to know . People with poor table manners should be taken into the street and shot and I have two coming for Christmas dinner. Sorry to take over OP but I can't stand it either.

TisConfusion Wed 21-Dec-16 13:21:24

My MIL does this at every meal. It's disgusting. She was on the phone to OH the other week and he put her on loudspeaker - we could hear her eating whilst she was talking! It's so gross.

Sorry, that didn't help you at all!

Wrinklesandspotstoo Wed 21-Dec-16 13:25:57

My mother does it... not to the extent of this colleague. I've always picked my son up on it in front of her but the penny still hasn't dropped with my mum. With my colleague I've tried hinting 'gosh you really were hungry' whilst trying not to gag! Maybe I'll keep the image in my mind to help me with my diet in the new year! Every cloud and all that! But seriously any advice welcomed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now