Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if I need to take my life in a different direction

(7 Posts)
thelongestnight Wed 21-Dec-16 08:06:35

After a false allegation at work, which is now thankfully resolved after over six months of worrying, I now need to try and think about what to do next.

There are some things that interest me but would involve retraining. I'm worried about the cost implications during this time.

I would also really like a family but I'm not even in a relationship! I'm worried if I retrain that by the time I finish I'd be too old blush

What would you do?

CaoNiMerrilyOnHigh Wed 21-Dec-16 08:18:58

Retrain! You might end up meeting someone in the process! And even if you don't, you'll have new skills/a new career/new possibilities.

Could you retrain while doing a job in the field you're already in, maybe part time?

thelongestnight Wed 21-Dec-16 08:19:53

It would be difficult.

It's easy to say retrain but it's money! Bills still need to be paid; I still need to run a car and so on!

TopCatte Wed 21-Dec-16 08:44:42

It sounds like you're not sure what your options are. Why not sit down and work out a budget, using MoneySavingExpert or similar, and find out if retraining looks feasible money-wise?

GerardNoWay Wed 21-Dec-16 08:55:18

Sit down and list all of your options at this juncture, and do some research into funding options.

What would you like to do if you do retrain? Some providers will assist you in getting adult learner loans, etc. So it's worth knowing what kind of thing you see yourself doing.

thelongestnight Wed 21-Dec-16 08:57:19

Unfortunately there isn't an option for funding. My course fees may be paid for but its living expenses while I do the course.

GerardNoWay Wed 21-Dec-16 09:07:20

Is full time the only option? Or could you do Part-time/Distance/Night classes and work around it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now