Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant?

(8 Posts)
sRoloc89 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:10:33

Hi everyone!

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post, this is my first time actually posting here (i usually just have a snoop!).

I (stupidly) had unprotected sex on the 10/11th, which I've now realised was my overlation date, and took the MAP (levonelle 1500) the next morning on the 12th (30 hours later). I didnt have any side effect at all. My period was due on the 25th but i woke up this morning with a face full of spots, super oily skin, sore breasts, cramping (which is unusual for me) and bright red bleeding which i would compare to the first day of my period but accompanied by clotting which is also unusual for me...

How likely is it that im pregnant or would it still be too early to know even with the above symptoms?

Thanks!

MsMarvel Tue 20-Dec-16 21:13:40

Morning after pill can mess with your cycle. It sounds like your period has arrived early and heavier than usual. This should all be within expected symptoms/side affects as detailed by the info leaflet accompanying the drug you took.

Heirhelp Tue 20-Dec-16 21:14:33

You have taken a massive dose of hormones which normally does mess with your periods.

Seren85 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:15:13

Sounds very much like the after effect of taking MAP - an earlier, heavier period.

Lazyafternoon Tue 20-Dec-16 21:43:00

Like others have said, don't panic. Taking MAP can mess up your cycle.

Take a pregnancy test if your worried. Far more reliable method of establishing if you are pregnant than asking this thread on MN.

harderandharder2breathe Tue 20-Dec-16 21:59:25

Take a pregnancy test.

No one on here can see inside you to tell you if you're pregnant or not

Sweets101 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:02:03

Take a test. I was pregnant after taking levonelle as I think it only works to prevent ovulation? Which I already had.
Sounds more like hormonal effects from the pill though tbh.

Crunchymum Tue 20-Dec-16 22:02:32

Sorry to be dense but why would cramping and bright red bleeding make you think you are pregnant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now