Talk

Advanced search

To think Lena Dunham needs to sssssh and go away? (She wishes she had had an abortion)

(76 Posts)
DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 20-Dec-16 20:55:30

This woman, honestly. If it isn't enough she produced the most self indulgent show to ever grace televisions screens, in the form of Girls and is constantly picked out as some kind of agreed spokesperson for feminism now she has gone and been an offensive gravy filled arse clanger all over again.

On her recent podcast she has said she has never had an abortion but wished she had.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/celebrity/lena-dunham-i-still-havent-had-an-abortion-but-i-wish-i-had-195115943.html

Is this a case of not knowing how to get her point across (seemingly in everything she has ever done or said) or does she truly think the things she says are intelligent, observant or even vaguely decent for human conversation?

Actually I suppose I am being unreasonable for having any interest in anything this woman had to say but the rage has over taken me.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 20-Dec-16 21:01:53

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/celebrity/lena-dunham-i-still-havent-had-an-abortion-but-i-wish-i-had-195115943.html

Sorry, that link again.

BeanAnTi Tue 20-Dec-16 21:02:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hanban89 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:06:36

She's a twat. Offensive comments which are hurtful to many women!

crashdoll Tue 20-Dec-16 21:06:39

She's a massively self indulgent twat badger.

RubyRoseViolet Tue 20-Dec-16 21:07:43

An absolute bizarre thing to say!!! Presumably she's horribly embarrassed send didn't intend for it to come across like that?

ThePeoplesChamp Tue 20-Dec-16 21:11:04

self indulgent in the way of 'I wish I had more struggles so I could be down with the sisterhood' and enjoying bathing in the pity that would be showered on me

Off you fuck Lena.

MeetMeAtMidnight Tue 20-Dec-16 21:42:07

I think what she's trying to say is...no, actually, I have no fucking idea.

I'm not sure I want to investigate too closely what goes on in a mind with that level of self-absorption and such a convoluted sense of what constitutes victimhood.

ScarletForYa Tue 20-Dec-16 22:09:49

Can't stand her. I think there's something wrong with her. The whole thing with her sister in that book was just so wrong. She's sick.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 20-Dec-16 22:34:41

I used to have a boyfriend a bit like her. Absolutely livid that he had a super privileged upbringing with lovely parents and family life so nothing to draw on to make him a 'tortured artist'. Also liked to make shocking comments just for the sake of it.

As you were, just thought I'd share! grin

PlymouthMaid1 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:48:13

Never heard of her but she does sound like a fool.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 20-Dec-16 23:10:40

She's an utter twat. The segment in her autobiography about her and her sister was enough to cement my already growing hatred for her.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 20-Dec-16 23:11:55

I'm glad I'm not alone. She truly is one of the most awful people in the media these days. I can't even begin to understand how you can exists with so little self awareness and awareness of other people.

JigglyTuff Tue 20-Dec-16 23:15:56

She's not wishing that she hadn't carried a baby to term but that she'd been pregnant and aborted the pregnancy?

What a monumentally stupid and self-absorbed thing to say.

Any minute now, she's going to come out as multi-gender and insist her pronoun is Msmdsrrs

Deadsouls Tue 20-Dec-16 23:15:56

I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. The author of this piece gave a bit of context but did not write what she followed that comment with. I'm not sure either what she meant but I like her.

Shenanagins Tue 20-Dec-16 23:17:14

Just googled the segment relating to her sister, I truly have no words.

tangerino Tue 20-Dec-16 23:18:43

I like some of her stuff and generally think she's one of the good guys, but some things she says make me cringe- see also "eating sushi is cultural appropriation".

GiantHulkHands Tue 20-Dec-16 23:18:58

I like her. I like that she wrote, directed and produced a feature film and her own tv show. I like that she is comfortable enough in her own skin to be filmed in unflattering angles and without make up.

I liked Girls. I liked the depiction of female friendships, just out of uni when the dynamics of your lives are changing.

I haven't read her book and I don't know what she said about abortion but I do know that she fund raises for Planned Parenthood in the states and that she acknowledges her privileged upbringing in various interviews she's given.

On the whole, while I don't think of her often, I think she is a good thing.

Footinmouthasusual Tue 20-Dec-16 23:21:21

Who is she?

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 20-Dec-16 23:24:01

Who is she?

A monumental twatbag. Seriously, everything remotely redeeming about the woman is cancelled out by her cuntiness.

NotTodaySatan Tue 20-Dec-16 23:24:54

I love Girls and think she is a talented writer.

But yeah, she is mostly a turd.

Footinmouthasusual Tue 20-Dec-16 23:25:42

Right yes just googled her although didn't recognise her.

So she could shag, get herself upduffed and abort.

There you go whoever you are problem solved. What a narcissistic twat.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 20-Dec-16 23:27:43

I think she causes a lot of issues for feminism. How can it be taken seriously with her seeming to be one of the "go to" faces of it?

MinceForBrains Tue 20-Dec-16 23:45:14

She's so bloody self absorbed and immature. All navel gazing, Shock-jock nonsense dressed up as 'girl power'.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 20-Dec-16 23:47:20

I say again: twatbag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now