Talk

Advanced search

Everyone with an iPhone...

(10 Posts)
sittingstella Tue 20-Dec-16 20:33:19

AIBU in thinking why TF I've only just heard about this? Surely this is a big deal??!

In relation to radiation exposure: iPhone... meets applicable limits for radio frequency exposure... *Carry iPhone at least 5mm away from your body to ensure exposure levels remain at or below the as-tested levels*

WHAT?

Am I BU in freaking out? I mean... it says it right there on the phone itself!

--> Settings
--> General
--> About
--> Legal
--> RF Exposure

I've been carrying my phone to my ear for well over a decade and Apple hasn't warned us? Is that even ok?

TattyDevine Tue 20-Dec-16 20:36:14

Have you read the terms and conditions grin

sittingstella Tue 20-Dec-16 20:40:29

Does anyone confused ?

Why? What do they say?

ghostyslovesheets Tue 20-Dec-16 20:40:32

all phones are a risk - I thought that was common knowledge

user1471439240 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:44:36

It's pretty well known? Albeit a bit scary. The radiation dose quadruples at half the distance, so 2.5mm means four times the "as tested". Rather naughty as most people have direct ear contact with the phone.

Muppetslikecoco Tue 20-Dec-16 20:54:36

I didn't know this, I though the radiation from phones was a myth...

sittingstella Tue 20-Dec-16 20:56:45

Same here @Muppetslikecoco ! I thought it was a myth too.

If it's common knowledge surely they would have done something about it?

TinySalmon Tue 20-Dec-16 21:00:28

I'd say it's common knowledge. If you're worried about it there are 'radiation blockers' like this one on Amazon www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAK57V4/ref=sr_1_51?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482061117&sr=1-51&keywords=h.a.r.d.+protection

I made DP use it when we were going through IVF as I wanted his swimmers to be unharmed grin

sittingstella Tue 20-Dec-16 21:20:44

Thanks @TinySalmon, I'll check it out.

I'm too scared to sleep with my phone on my bedside table charging overnight now!!

caroldecker Tue 20-Dec-16 21:28:28

There is no danger - it is tested at 5mm, this does not mean closer is dangerous, just not tested by Apple.
Many people have tested closer and there is no evidence of danger. Given the number of users and the number of loonies people trying to find a dangerous link, it would have been identified by now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now