Talk

Advanced search

Friend leaving/pushing me out?

(5 Posts)
SoberBee Tue 20-Dec-16 15:35:00

Introducd two friends. We all have similar aged children.

(A) can be needy and intense, texts everyday and comes over at least twice a week (often just turns up), invites back periodically but 90% of time I am expected to host. She moved to area a few months ago and hasn't really made any other friends.

Since I introduced A to B (long term old friend) last week, A has set up a day out with B. I only know about it because B assumed I was invited. I mentioned it to A and was told it'd be a bit much with all our children...! But they are all coming to me later in week (I organised this before I found out about them meeting without me).

Aibu to feel A has used me while not knowing anyone else and has now found someone preferential? I feel a bit precious to be hurt over this, but I am nonetheless.

SoberBee Tue 20-Dec-16 15:37:13

I should add, reading back it sounds like I don't like A very much, but I do! She is sweet and kind and I put the intensity down to her being lonely. I am happy she is looking for more friends, but it feels like she is desperate to befriend B at my expense.

elodie2000 Tue 20-Dec-16 17:44:50

Let them get on with it. If B is your old friend she will be loyal to you regardless.
Continue to AR range stuff with B without A, A withot B and A& B together.
If A turns out to be a PITA, cut her out.

Wineandrosesagain Tue 20-Dec-16 17:47:34

A sounds like a bit of a Wendy.

biggles50 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:38:25

Marie Dubeque does a good vid about this on YouTube entitled Friend Poaching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now