Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to expect to know when I'm getting paid this month?

(9 Posts)
flipflap75 Tue 20-Dec-16 14:17:17

I work for a smallish company - brilliant in the main.

They handle payroll manually. It's done by BACS, but one of the directors processes it herself, on 25th or nearest working day. Another manager told me we'd be paid early this month but didn't say when.

Thought I'd email the director to see when this would be (yesterday). She said she'd 'probably' do it on Friday. Unfortunately I'm not in the same kind of position she probably is (i.e. sufficiently loaded that she doesn't care when her monthly cut hits her bank account!). AIBU to be slightly frustrated?

RusholmeRuffian Tue 20-Dec-16 14:48:13

As long as it's earlier than normal I don't see the problem.

GerardNoWay Tue 20-Dec-16 14:56:06

You will most probably be paid earlier than normal, so it shouldn't affect bills, etc. I agree, it's not hugely professional that she hasn't told you when it will be, but I can't see it being worth getting too frustrated about.

SueDunome Tue 20-Dec-16 15:00:31

The nearest working day before the 25th (if that's what it says in your contract) is Friday, so it isn't due until then.

YABU

Hellmouth Tue 20-Dec-16 15:01:20

They have to do it earlier than your contract, I believe. As your pay day is on xmas day, she will need to do it some time this week. It's not a big deal really.

Coffeethrowtrampbitch Tue 20-Dec-16 15:05:07

It is the 'probably' that is annoying.

You are contracted to be paid on or before the 25th. You can't be paid on the 25th this month, so you should be notified of a definite alternative date.

I may be extra cross because dh was told he'd be paid today, had unexpected expenses so was glad and budgeted everything for today. No pay in the bank. He is due to be paid on 26th of each month so hopefully will be paid by Friday, but it is really annoying to be told the wrong date or not told at all!

britbat23 Tue 20-Dec-16 15:10:48

YABU. You're going to be paid early or on time either way. In fact you are going to be paid on the usual day if you are always paid on the nearest working day to the 25th. If that's a problem then you need to improve your budgeting skills.

flipflap75 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:41:23

Sorry, I didn't explain the context very well. Contract says we get paid on the nearest working day, but as it's done manually, that's proved to be before or after weekends/holidays, depending on when she gets round to it (always the day before or after, though).

Director and manager don't speak a great deal, so it wouldn't be surprising if the manager's 'early' comment was an assumption.

So given the director's 'probably' comment, it could be 28th rather than 23rd. What with Christmas in the middle, it'd be good to know which. I'd love to say I was sufficiently well off for it not to matter, but regardless of my best budgeting efforts, that's not the case!

flipflap75 Fri 23-Dec-16 17:11:13

Didn't get bloody paid. Pah. (Or told when, as it's clearly not today).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now