Talk

Advanced search

to be struggling to deal with this

(2 Posts)
Weatherforecaster Mon 19-Dec-16 22:42:47

I recently left a job which I hadn't been in long. There were dozens of reasons to leave. It was a very, very difficult place. Whenever I've left jobs before I've had lots of well wishes, cards and messages etc. It means a lot to me to know I've been well thought of. When I left this job there were people I liked and cared about who didn't say anything to me about me leaving. I shouldn't care but I do. I'm struggling to deal with everything I've gone through over the last few months and this hasn't helped. How do I deal with this and move on?

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 19-Dec-16 23:06:55

If it was such a difficult place to work, maybe you're just the latest casualty to abandon ship and the remaining staff have got burnout/can't afford to give farewell presents to so many leavers/have lost count?

Did you give much notice when you left?

If it was such a difficult place to work, I don't really think you should expect standard protocol to be observed vis a vis gift giving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now