Talk

Advanced search

Wibu in not leaving work and going into scho

(15 Posts)
backaftera2yearbreak Mon 19-Dec-16 13:02:57

to apply cream to a patch of eczema the size of a five pence on my sons leg?

The school just phoned me and asked me to leave work to do this.

I politely declined.

Aibu?

MrsMeeseeks Mon 19-Dec-16 13:06:44

OMG! Did he SURVIVE? shock

Daisyfrumps Mon 19-Dec-16 13:08:17

Yanbu but they're not allowed to do it for him without your permission (at their discretion), but if your son's at primary you can teach him how to do it himself? Maybe someone can open the lid for him if tricky.

TheWitTank Mon 19-Dec-16 13:11:18

YANBU. That sounds a bit ridiculous to be honest, unless he is upset about it or in pain? I wouldn't expect them to apply it, but its only a few hours until the end of school, can it not wait until then as its not exactly an emergency?!

RandomDent Mon 19-Dec-16 13:12:23

Oh god I would have done that for your son, but then I do all sorts of stuff that some people won't, e.g. Doing hair, helping with earrings, etc. I might not be "supposed" to (but nobody really knows anyway, they just make up stuff half the time).
Can you tell I'm on holiday? grin

Allthewaves Mon 19-Dec-16 13:14:37

Is it infected? Why can't he rub cream in himself

backaftera2yearbreak Mon 19-Dec-16 13:48:10

Not infected. Not even an issue. He's such a pest. But they were not happy when I refused to comply!

DailyFail1 Mon 19-Dec-16 13:49:23

I would write a letter of complaint here. Emergency calls should be just for emergencies

Wolfiefan Mon 19-Dec-16 13:50:38

Eczema can be really irritating though. I doubt he's being a pest. And the school won't be allowed to do it.

WantToRunAgain Mon 19-Dec-16 13:52:54

DailyFail, I'm seriously hoping you're joking about a letter of complaint??

What the OP needs to do is bollock her son for wasting school's time.

backaftera2yearbreak Mon 19-Dec-16 13:53:41

Oh I know it's irritating. I was hospitalised as I had it on 85 percent of my body last year. A small it if eczema the size of a 5 p dies not warrent leaving work for.

FedUp24 Mon 19-Dec-16 13:54:57

Whilst working in a school last month, A child came up to me and said her ear was hurting. I took a look and it was red raw, oozing and clearly infected.

Informed the teacher who said we were not allowed to touch it or help the LG take it out! They'd have to phone mum to come do it, mum didn't answer her phone.

The red tape in schools these days is ridiculous!

FedUp24 Mon 19-Dec-16 13:56:24

DailyFail1 A ridiculous suggestion!

Wolfiefan Mon 19-Dec-16 13:56:42

I'm not saying you should have left work! grin
I'm just imagining how it feels to have a patch of itchy hell in a warm and sweaty school classroom! I too suffer. It's crap.

Kitsandkids Mon 19-Dec-16 14:52:10

I once had a phone call to say my then almost 7 year old had cut his ear, it wouldn't stop bleeding and could I come straightaway?

I went, thinking I was going to see his ear hanging off.

When I got there it had a tiny little scratch on the top with a faint dribble of blood which stopped as soon as I held a tissue against it for a few seconds.

Fortunately I don't go out to work so it didn't make a lot of difference to me, and it was just about the end of school when I got there anyway, but I have been a teacher and if a child had come to me with that I would have shown them how to hold a tissue against it to stop it bleeding then told them to get on with their work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now